Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Polarity" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Polarity" by Yoshi-Taka

Shoutouts to Greenie and Darkmatter73. I'll never be on your guys' level, but that won't stop me from making cool stuff.
    You win, Greenie. This is "the new one" I alluded to. Although I've been working on it for weeks. This one is called Polarity and it's a reference to myself and, as such, is a personal lightsaber. There's one change I wanna make, and that's using Choke 1 (when it comes in stock, I'll update later). I also wanted to be among the first people to show off the new RGB LED AV switches. That's a lot of acronyms.

This was a test project. As you'll see down below, there's a texture on the hilt and emitter. That's gun grip. Yes, GUN grip. Like what you put on irl firearms for grip. Got it on Amazon for cheap. Why? Because I wanted to test it for a completely different lightsaber. So yes, this is also a fridge saber and I love it. And yes, I'll show off the "completely different lightsaber" when it's done. Because it's a concept I REEEALLY wanna show off. Anyway, onto specs!

SPECS
    Nano Biscotte v3 soundboard
    3.7v 18650 3400mAh battery
    Single-die Cree LED (white)
    16mm AV switch (RGB cycling LED)
    2.1mm recharge port with black kill plug
    Premium speaker, for a premium lightsaber. Shut up, it was funnier in my head.
    MHS parts. Duh. That's all I'll ever use.

Blog Entries

Very cool. Love the use of the grip material.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I do to as well(grip material)....nicely done bro.

Good to see you back in action Yoshi! Definitely agree on the look of that grip material, especially on the blade holder.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

The grip material gives it a really classic feel. The white blade is perfect.

I like the grip material. Looks great.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I always love seeing personal lightsabers! Nice use of the grip (as others have already said)!

Oh, it was you who had the blade holder I wanted . I'm happy with my compromise
    Seriously, that's a nice looking saber. Agreed, the texture of that grip really brings it alive. I like it and I can't wait to see this concept you speak of. Thanks for the shout out but I gotta say, my level is still just learner.

Greenie

You guys are the best. I honestly wasn't expecting a positive respond to the grip. But I'm super happy about it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Oh, it was you who had the blade holder I wanted . I'm happy with my compromise
    Seriously, that's a nice looking saber. Agreed, the texture of that grip really brings it alive. I like it and I can't wait to see this concept you speak of. Thanks for the shout out but I gotta say, my level is still just learner.

Greenie
    Actually, I've had that blade holder for over a year. It was part of a completely different saber that I dismantled. The concept saber is basically done, I just need two parts to come in (one extension and a specific trim ring). Very excited for that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Good to see you back in action Yoshi! Definitely agree on the look of that grip material, especially on the blade holder.
    Good to be back. I don't build as much as I used to, but I had to get back into the swing of it when my girlfriend told me she wanted to build her own. Obviously I taught her how to do it.

Blog Entries

For me, the grip gives a very nice nostalgic feel to the saber. Look at some old cameras and associated equipment and I bet you'll see some very similar textured surfaces.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末