Thread: Unscrewing Pommel with MPS Insert 6 and Recharge Port

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had to borrow some tiny needle nosed pliers from my wife to work the MPS clip. The holes are really tiny.

Blog Entries

I got tired of springing the c clips across the room and then spending the next hour looking for them. I ended up buying the pliers designed specifically for c-clips. It makes like much less frustrating.

I found that when I tried using the C_Clips for the pommel inserts, the inserts are to tightly fit to spin free. Would I need:
    1. widen the aperture that the insert goes into on the pommel?
    2. sand the insert on its "back" and make it thinner so that the C-Clip doesn't hold it quite so tightly?
    3. Sand down the outer edges of the insert so that the circumference is smaller, allowing the insert to spin freely?
    4. Something else completely different that I haven't considered yet?

Also, many thanks Hapki, I had no idea C-Clip pliers existed. Will have to order some... Have tried using needle nose pliers to remove the little monsters with way less than stellar results... Is there a particular size or configuration (straight or 90 degree angle) so that they'll fit in the C-Clamp holes? Any help much appreciated

the easiest thing to do if you need a bit more play is to sand the clip. Do it a little at a time and carefully clean it off so you don't get grit in the slot that will gum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Huber View Post
    I had no idea C-Clip pliers existed. Will have to order some... Have tried using needle nose pliers to remove the little monsters with way less than stellar results... Is there a particular size or configuration (straight or 90 degree angle) so that they'll fit in the C-Clamp holes? Any help much appreciated
    I like the Channellock 927 spring clip pliers, it might seem a bit pricey, but is reversible and includes multiple tips for various jobs.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had no idea Channellock was a brand name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMill View Post
    I like the Channellock 927 spring clip pliers, it might seem a bit pricey, but is reversible and includes multiple tips for various jobs.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spending a little cash on these tools is a good idea. I have a cheap generic pair that skew when I use them. They just can't handle the tension.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Some tools you can get by with using generics. Others...not so much. I once purchased a cheap set of wire strippers. A few days later, I went back for the better ones.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

for the C-Clips I use a pair of Kleen conicle tipped needle nose. I took a triangle file and notched the tips about 1/8 of an inch from the bottom so the c-clip has a grove to rest in while under tension. Cool thing about them is if I need to roll a lead from a component to create a small loop, they are my go-to pair for both jobs.