Thread: Rookie Lightsaber Builder - what do i need for it to be fully functional

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The size I most often see people using is 32" but it's all a matter of preference. I'm 5'9" and prefer the 30-32" range. I've had blades up into the 35-37" and found them a little uncomfortable. I know you're taller than me but even so, I've seen people your height and taller that prefer 32". I also prefer shorter hilts for the most part but hilt and blade length depend on you. Are you a practiced swordsman? If you are, depending on you and your style, you probably have a good idea of how long your hilt and blade should be. But the balance will probably be different with a lightsaber. If you're not actually fighting with the thing, I suppose it just depends on whatever you think looks best.

I say I mostly prefer smaller hilts because I do have a saber with about a 29" hilt and a 32" blade. I love it.

And yeah, in that first comment I mentioned that your configuration is off. Your choke and windowed extension are set up to be male/male. You'd need to change something or use the double female adapter between them.
    Last edited by Miraluka; 05-29-2015 at 04:59 AM.