Hi there.... this is most likely a question that is part of a series of questions as i build my first saber(s).
I have been lurking- reading- amassing parts- reading some more- and more- amassing more parts... etc for a few months now. I have learned some really cool things like why you might want to use acetone to wipe down a part before you prime it- as well as how to bake and paint the saber parts for the best results. I have also learned wiring schematics for multiple boards- and along with the fact that a guy named after a bovine disease makes cool switches. Ive scoured the inter web for lightsaber designs, and cool things that would make "mine" unique and different. As i was working on finishing one of my first sabers though- i hit a snag... 2 snags actually... other then finding a toaster over (thats the 3rd snag- but its really more of a question of what craigslist toaster oven to get).
Anyhow the 2 snags that maybe someone here could help me with are-
#1 is there a way to visually discern between the different 3 led stars that are on the website with out applying power. I am asking as during the amassing portions (which there have been many) i sort of bought a lot of these... and they don't appear to be labeled in any way... so.... i have some tri rebel- and cree both....

#2- i recently (today) discovered that dynaohms are not what i thought they were. I thought from reading that they would dynamically adjust to maintain a constant safe level output based on what they determined the led on the other side needed... bad ass.... or so i thought. I therefore figured that was way they were a bit pricy, but hey- its doing the math so i don't have to- ill buy enough for all my leds. Yeah.... apparently that is not exactly what they do. Apparently they are totally cool for accent leds- but not so much for the high power ones in the blade section of the builds. So..... is there a resistors for dummies section? Sort of a part b here- but i was looking at the page where i got some of the tri rebel (in the store). I don't see any sort of chart as to the specs of the different colors... at least nothing that looks like to me something that i can draw those relations/calculations from- but once again- maybe resistors for dummies will help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have come really far. And getting really close here. Once i am done i will be posting my build threads- which i have been working on and will offer great detail.

Thanks!