Thread: Machinimax's Vintage Graflex V w/ Crystal Chamber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Machinimax's Vintage Graflex V w/ Crystal Chamber

Here today to unveil a very exciting project. Presenting my:

Vintage Graflex V w/ Crystal Chamber

This is a saber I have been dreaming of owning since before I even found the forum. Now I am proud to have one of these beauties as part of my collection. Even better yet, it has been totally "awesomeized" with FX lights and sounds!

Specs
    Vintage Graflex 3 Cell flash handle with 2 vintage red buttons
    Slothfurnace clamp card
    Plecter Labs Petit Crouton 3.0 - single cell hacked
    3.7 Volt 18500 Li-Ion Battery
    Tri-Rebel rB/rB/W with Blue main blade and White FoC
    Custom crystal chamber with genuine quartz crystal

Soundfonts:
    "Graflex V" by Juansith
    "Hoth" by Madcow
    "Episode IV" by Novastar

The royal blue blade on this saber just completely "blue" me away! Horrible puns aside, it looks absolutely magnificent. I feel it has that nice ESB blade color. The white FoC simply looks perfect and as always adds such great realism to the saber.

As much as I would have liked one of Master Yoda's saber chassis' , that was unfortunately out of my budget. So I decided to design my own chassis and crystal chamber. I feel it adds a little more personality and individuality to the build. The system is made out of TCSS chassis parts and their Graflex adapter.

Build Pics

Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDaoMN2LZJE

About halfway through the video, before I turn the saber on for the first time, I say the word "functionable" as opposed to functional. I have no idea where that came from. ) Please excuse me for butchering the English language in my speech.

This saber was literally a dream come true! It it wasn't for the wonderful folks I have met and learned from here on the forums, it never would have reached this extraordinary level. So thank you one for your help and and for taking a look!
    Last edited by Machinimax; 05-26-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker