Thread: LED STRIP goes from Rainbow to white - HELP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post LED STRIP goes from Rainbow to white - HELP

Hey all,

So I've been testing my new strings with my TCSS adapters and this is what happens:

- On ignition, the strings will light randomly some different colors along the blade (Rainbow effect)
    - Then if I use FoC or Blaster shot, the full string will ignite in pure white even simulating the regular pulse effects and will stay like that.
    - The blade wont create the stretching effect on ignition or when turning off.
    - I've been trying with multiple fonts and it always does the same thing.

Tech info:
    - Adafruit 144 leds.
    - Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh FULLY CHARGED

Any tips?

Thanks for the help

Hi! I am currently having the same issue and have not found a solution. Have you by any chance figured out what the problem was? Thank you!

This sounds like a data line issue. Is the TCSS data line pads bridged as seen in the video by Rob? Also if using a Prizm did you bridge the ls pads on the board? Also, is ledstrip set to # of leds?

Also, using at least 10a battery?

Yea I did all of that. The scrolling and everything still worked but the blade only went up halfway and it was a rainbow white colored blade. Then it dawned on me, so I checked my adafruit packaging and what do you know. Acidentally bought RGBW neopixels... Boy do I feel dumb, luckily its just a blade issue so I'll just have to buy new strips and replace. Kinda sucks though because I wasted about $100 on them... Anyways thanks guys for the help!

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

i just found i've done the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

bought em on amazon while tcss was sold out.

any way to make them work???