Thread: bit of an update to "v2 upgrade diagram" from Feb.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default bit of an update to "v2 upgrade diagram" from Feb.

After a good bit of turmoil in my life (irrelevant to saber building, so I'll move on)
    I am in a place where I can work on my hobby.

I've upgraded my saber as seen in the image I posted to that thread, but with a couple
    wiring changes for convenience of soldering.

1) 3 wires are soldered to the recharge port right lug (battery +, LED +, & nano + input)
    2) 2 wires are soldered to the center lug (battery neg & a switch wire)

The nano neg input is soldered to the left lug (with S/C logo... unchanged from photo)

This upgrade hasn't come w/o some headaches, however... seems to be the norm for me.
    The boot sound plays when I pull the kill plug, the LED lights up fine when I hit the switch.
    Hum, swing and clash sounds all play as expected... One issue is that if I leave the saber
    idling for a few moments, it starts making a click or pop type sound every 3-4 seconds.
    I'm not sure if this is a low battery issue, or...? The charger I have is 3.7v smart charger
    w/ 2.1 mm plug. I plug it in the wall, it's LED is green. I then plug it into the saber's port,
    the LED goes red, & no matter how long the saber is plugged in, the color doesn't change.
    Lastly, my new (technically 14 months old, but unused) Aoyue 469 decided to jump the shark
    before I could get the last 2 joints done so I ended up having to fabricobble a mechanical
    connection using a female JST connector & a needle nose pliers. (A kinda long story in it's
    own right, so plz don't ask, lol)
    Last edited by TwinMill; 12-09-2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: corrected info