Thread: Securing Accent LED?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Securing Accent LED?

So I'm new to the saber scene and haven't build my first saber yet. I've been poking around the forum for a few weeks now trying to gather information and I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

If I use accent LEDs in my hilt, what's the best way to secure them so they don't just slam against the side while I'm swinging it? Is it as simple as a piece of tape or would I need something a bit more substantial?

Any input is appreciated.

depending on the led, it might have a nut to secure it, like a switch does

What if the led is inside the hilt? How would you secure it with a nut without drilling through the hilt like a switch?

can you describe how you plan to use this LED so it's easier to understand what you are trying to do?

E6000 should work.

It's just a concept in my head right now, but assume that there's a window cut out of the hilt which is covered with some translucent material. If I wanted to light that material up, I'd need to place an led behind it somehow.

A different use-case but just as important would be something like in this picture (taken from HHCLS Custom Sabers)

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 1.41.13 PM.jpg

Wiring these is pretty obvious, but the method of attaching it to the hilt eludes me.

Blog Entries

You can really just secure the led to the board or chassis like I did below. The leds should be plenty bright to shine through enough.

For the transparent material you could use something like this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/9-...bes-P1009.aspx. You can even lightly sand this stuff to make it more opaque.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末