Thread: Switch hole modifications- suggestions

Default Switch hole modifications- suggestions

I have a Main body with a guarded switch hole. What recommendations do you have to modify the hole to accept an AV switch 12mm or 16? Will a box fit over the Hole? How would you approach this?

I have no first hand experience with the pre-drilled holes so take this with a grain of salt.

But looking at the dimensions listed for the guarded switches I see the top of that switch is a diameter of about 17mm. Looking at the dimensions for the 16mm av switches I don't see the dimensions of the top so it can be certain whether it would fit (is it exactly 16mm?). Certainly some of the boxes would go completely over that hole though. The 16mm switch will not fit though the hole with the protrusion being around 15mm) not sure about the 12mm since the hole should be around 10 or 11mm according to the dimensions on the guarded switch. You could drill this hole bigger yourself of course or even use small hand files to enlarge it if you are going to put a box over top.

If it were me and I wanted to make use of the part without a guarded switch I would put a box over it and then modify the hole larger if it wouldn't fit the switch I wanted to use.

16mm switch has a 19mm bezel, 12mm has a 14mm bezel. The listed diameter is the threads.