Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plastic bushings

Default Plastic bushings

Hello Saber-Smiths! Does anyone know where to get the correct plastic bushing that fits into the 1.25" ID of a hilt piece? The inner diameter of the bushing would have to be around 1.125" as that is the outer diameter of the PVC pipe I use for the internal chassis. I'm trying to find something to better stabilize my chassis inside the hilt. I'm attempting to do something similar to what Rob of Genesis Custom Sabers does.

Grab your calipers and head on down to your local hardware store. Either plumbing or electrical section should have something. There's a good chance you'll need to do some manual sanding (or use a lathe if you're lucky enough to have access to one!).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly just wanted to check to see if there were any other options I missed. Would love to have a lathe and mill ha!

PVC drain pipes fit perfectly and have an ID of about 1.125"

What type of PVC? I used a 1" CPVC that has an outer diameter of 1.125" the next size up is 1.25" which has an OD of 1.375" which is too big. I ended up using the 1" and modifying a cap that I sanded down to press fit into the hilt.
    '

Not regular pipe, drain pipe. It's sold along side the chrome and brass drains.

So it's different from CPVC water pipe? I'll check that out. In the sink/toilet parts section?

Rather than extruded pipe, it's cheap, molded stuff. The quality varies but unless the piece you pick has a misaligned seam it should be fine. I've had a nicer 1.5" OD piece I planned on making into a cheap storm trooper saber, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I just picked up a 1.5" the other day for an E11 type mod I'm doing on a NERF Stryfe!

Blog Entries

I didn't know that. I've been trying to use regular pvc pipe and couldn't figure out how you guys got it to fit. Good to know.