Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Vinyl cutter need design

Blog Entries

Diameter x Pi. It's just about 4.555"

You can also wrap a pice of tape around the piece, mark the seam and measure that. Not as accurate but works in a pinch.

I would recommend cutting several and practicing lining up the seam of the vinyl. It's very tough getting intricate designs to meet up perfectly.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks for all the tips. I have just one shot at getting it right cause I only have one mhs piece. I think I will try it on some shroud material first to see how long I need to let it go. Gonna do the salt water etch method.

You have as many tries as you have pieces of vinyl. Just don't dip it into the saltwater bath until you are happy that your stencil lines up.

True. I have worked with vinyl a lot so that isn't my worry. The etching, on the other hand, I have not done before. I have read posts and watched many videos but still a bit worried.

Default Here is a design for you

Here is a design. It isn't exact, but it has the same general feel. Since size will be an issue (wasn't sure it it was on a standard body, shroud, milled down, etc.), I made the whole thing a tile (meaning you can duplicate horizontally and vertically and it will look seamless), so you can resize as needed. By not having a pure rectangular tile, it should help make it a little easier to get it sized correctly, without having to be too precise.

I have a PDF version if you want to edit in Illustrator (most lines are strokes to make it easier to have it heavier or lighter), but can't upload it because it is too large. PM me with your email and I will send.

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rampant; 02-27-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: issues with file upload