Thread: 18650 batteries for by mount

Default 18650 batteries for by mount

Can I use this 18650 li-ion attached in the post? It's a Samsung 18650 that I got from my buddy's vape shop? And I have LGs 18650 too?

Oop i can't add the photos i took dang it

If it's from a vap shop it's probably an unprotected cell. You can use it, but the risks are obviously greater. You can pick up a protection pcb from the shop here, the internet at large isn't going to provide you much joy.

Do all 18650 that will be removed to charge need the PCB cause I was looking at that. The problem is that I am very aware of ion dangerous (vapers usually have some knowledge in that but then noobs that just do it to do don't and their hands and face feel the wrath of it) but TCSS only have 18650s for recharge port set ups. I'm buying a MPP 2.0 with utilizing the v6 in mind.

The protection circuit is a separate issue. In some of my builds I have used battery holders, in others I've used cells with wired connectors (or soldered on my own). It's mostly a matter of preference, design restraints, and application. The TCSS batteries wired with connectors are protected. I think TCSS only sells one bare, unprotected cell. The separate PCBs are useful if you are using cells recovered from an old laptop or some other alternate source.

Unprotected cells are usually a bit shorter and they might not fit in the battery holder properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSyProject View Post
    TCSS only have 18650s for recharge port set ups.
    Actually, they have standard button-top versions as well, but they aren't the best battery available: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tr...pack-P517.aspx

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.