Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dcls-005

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Me likey.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

agreed ...always a fan of copper. Looking like its coming along very nice...ly.

Really looking forward to seeing where you are headed with this. If it's not too much of a peak behind, are you planning on weathering that beautiful finish?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing where you are headed with this. If it's not too much of a peak behind, are you planning on weathering that beautiful finish?
    Not as heavily as the last one, but I believe some level of weathering is always necessary. Just my aesthetic sense I guess. The pommel and "collar" will be black anodized as well.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Looking great so far DC! I'll be watching this develop as well. I love the knurling, wish I had the hardware to do that at home

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    I love the knurling, wish I had the hardware to do that at home
    Tim will do knurling.

Looking good so far
    Join me, join the dark side!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Looking great so far DC! I'll be watching this develop as well. I love the knurling, wish I had the hardware to do that at home
    Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Tim will do knurling.
    Yep, Tim did mine. You can get hand knurling tools if you don't have a lathe. They work like tube cutters. I think imports run about $50-80 and USA made are in the hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. It looks like a pain to do though to be honest.

Loving all this copper, like that's a surpirse. That rainbow patina is really cool!! I'm willing to bet that the copper blade holder will act like a giant heat sink after extended run time. I know my hilts get pretty hot near the blade LED when I'm setting up colors with the RICE software, so that should heat up too with coppers heat conductivity. Sweet looking sabers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic Jedi View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the copper blade holder will act like a giant heat sink after extended run time.
    I suppose it's possible. On another note... the things is heavy!