Thread: Soldering Peaks

Default Soldering Peaks

When I solder with my iron it ends up with a peak solder point,which I don't want to happen.Also what kind of so,seeing iron would you recommend for wiring soundboards?

That happens to me too sometimes, I just make sure I'm using helping hands or something to steady the work.
    Should be easy then to reflow the joint to the way you want.
    As far as soldering irons, I don't use an expensive one or anything, im at work and can't recall the brand.
    I think the tip and the temperature you have it set to is more important. Just my thoughts though

if you're getting a good solder joint. don't worry about the peak. you can always cut it off latter with a small end nipper/flush cutter or file it down. If you spend a lot of time re-heating the spot to make it pretty you run the risk of lifting the traces on the board.

Ayoue 469 is $30 on Amazon, it's ESD safe and heats like a champ. My only complaint is the on indicator isn't exactly a blazing inferno (it's hard to notice even when you are looking at it).

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Ayoue 469 is $30 on Amazon, it's ESD safe and heats like a champ. My only complaint is the on indicator isn't exactly a blazing inferno (it's hard to notice even when you are looking at it).
    Just got this one in the mail today & the general consensus is its the best bang for your buck, I'll be firing it up this weekend

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Thanks so much for the help!