Thread: Comparing non-mhs blade holders

Default Comparing non-mhs blade holders

Anyone know what the difference between the 1.25" Sink tube LED/Blade holder and the 1.25" OD LED/Blade holder ? The sink tube one no longer comes with the longer v3 heatsink. I have a non sinktube metal tubing that has a ID of 1.25" and I am unsure which to buy. Also wondering if the heatsinks of all bladeholders and lens holders are universal so i can swap out the longer v3 heatsink to one of the above mentioned blade holders. I am trying to add extra bulk to pull out excess heat.

1.25 sink tube has an OD of 1.25. The ID depends on the gauge of the material. It may be very close to 1.25, but it is slightly less.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    1.25 sink tube has an OD of 1.25. The ID depends on the gauge of the material. It may be very close to 1.25, but it is slightly less.
    I would think the ID is gonna be 1" since they are made to hold the standard blades. I guess i am just confused with what the differences are between the two. If both are OD 1.25" and ID 1" is it the length or is the OD actually ever so slightly different. Just not sure. v0v

They have an ID of 1" for the blade, but 1.25" 22ga sink tube has an ID of about 1.2 so the sink tube blade holder is made to match suit. The 1.25" 20ga is about 1.18" ID, which is why that 1.18 blade holder is there.

Here is a good resource for various measurements:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d-measurements

Awesome thank you