Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how am I supposed to fit the 2.1 switch craft recharge port into my saber?

yes jay-gons methods works great! I've done it several times. Never seen it posted before but I was sure I wasn't the only one that did it. Its great for those holes that are way inside a hilt. Or smaller ID parts where rotating the jack will be much harder. I usually end up using it on 1" ID parts and with spare bits of blade material. Once in place its not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by phook15 View Post
    The hole isint threaded. But I can go get a tap for the 5/16 at home depot.http://m.imgur.com/7kEBvzj
    They don't sell those taps at Home Depot. These recharge ports use a 5/16 - 32 tap, the ones they sell at Home Depot are 5/16 - 18. You'll have to go to a machiinist supply house like MSC Supply or Enco.

You should be able to simply drill an appropriate hole and let the threads in the port cut into the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic Jedi View Post
    They don't sell those taps at Home Depot. These recharge ports use a 5/16 - 32 tap, the ones they sell at Home Depot are 5/16 - 18. You'll have to go to a machiinist supply house like MSC Supply or Enco.
    Might also try Ace, TrueValue, Tractor Supply, Rual King, Fleet-Farm, etc. they usually carry fine thread taps and dies.