Thread: NJO hilt

Default NJO hilt

So I started slapping some of the spare parts together in the hopes something cool would appear infront of me. A little drilling here and sanding there. Some measuring and "on the draw" design. I think I came up with a pretty cool hilt, has a sort of nostalgic look (MO) and a bit of a NJO feel to it. I'll let you make up your mind on that. I just wanted to show where I started with this one.
    Originally this piece was meant to be used for an entirely different build. Something I have on paper, and somehow decided it wouldn't go over.

I had a buddy mill out a section of MHS main body, and cut off one of the threaded ends. Then I moved on to this,

A 1.25 OD BH from TCSS. I have a spare or two laying about. Figured it was time to use one. In doing so I ended up with this,

So far so good....I guess. I figured I had a BH/emitter, so now I would go looking for a grip section. Found these parts doing nothing

Then I found some left over shroud material in various cuts,

In my tiny parts box I found an extra glass eye for Graflex. Drilled a hole and attached it. It was at that point I found out where the Force was leading me.

A little while later I decided to do some of my own work to the shroud pieces. Made a couple cuts and rounded some corners. Then started attaching them to my mock up of the BH/emitter. I ended up, somewhat surprised with the end result. Granted there's a little more work done in these pics then I'm letting on. It just took a while with a bit of trial and error, but the result made me smile

Of course this is only a 3rd of the build, if you account for this being just the top. I ordered some white clips and new battery's from TCSS, as well as some new chassis discs. When all of that makes it to my door I'll have more to show for the build. I'll do an update with some more pictures.
    Any feed back of course is welcome.
    Thanks for looking

I am actually getting a bit of a starkiller feel to the emitter...loving it so far.

I enjoy 'throwing'bits together and seeing what developes and I'm liking the look of this so far Noyl.

I really dig the emitter. Very elegant design with just the right amout of retro thanks to the glass eye. Awesome!
    I have a bad feeling about this...

This really is an elegant and classic design. Great work. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of it comes together!

Yeah i agree with FenixFire...has a Starkiller feel. I like it, looking very vintage....well done. Can't wait to see it finished.