Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First saber ever (MHS)

Actually I've tried since and the red light now comes on for charging. So all good!

I swapped the black covertec wheel on my Shadow's Bane custom saber with the brass one on my wife's SF Jade Fire. I love the look so much better! It also now matches my kill key. Plus the Jade Fire is mostly black and silver anyway so it was a mutually beneficial trade. Now I want even more to get some brass highlights powder coated, anodized, enamel-painted or something on my saber!

brasscovertec1.jpgbrasscovertec2.jpg

SHADOW'S BANE
    Still needs:
    -Powder coating/Enamel
    Would be nice:
    -Sleeve
    -Etching design
    -Case

Going over ideas for colourizing my hilt and came up with this design. I replicated it on a photo of my saber in Photoshop mockup. Looks nice! Just gotta get it done now.

possible_candidate5.jpg colours_mockup_small.jpg

SHADOW'S BANE
    Still needs:
    -Powder coating/Enamel
    Would be nice:
    -Sleeve
    -Etching design
    -Case

Nice! It's going to look good when completed. I especially like the length of it. My first one is like a one handed saber. Currently working on a longer hilt style, but waiting for some parts to be available. I'm trying to make a Japanese style set: katana, wakizashi, tanto.
    The neutral light calls to me.

You can also use rough (not chrome) brass sink tube so long as it's the proper gauge!

Sink tube? How do you mean?

SHADOW'S BANE
    Still needs:
    -Powder coating/Enamel
    Would be nice:
    -Sleeve
    -Etching design
    -Case