Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Absolute ZERO" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Absolute ZERO" by Yoshi-Taka

It's time to show my most -absolute- personal lightsaber..

Absolute ZERO was designed to give a snowy feel. Since I'm going to be moving up north back in the middle of winter, what's more appropriate than a lightsaber that looks like an icicle? I -absolute-ly love winter and cold and snow and this saber is very "me". It's also running low budget things because as I've said a million times before and will continue to say and endorse, "there is elegance in simplicity". This lightsaber personifies this. I mean, really, I've built this lightsaber several times before. This lightsaber is nothing new. This lightsaber is nothing special. But I love it; it's special to me; don't judge me.

Before anything else, I'd like to thank Machinimax for helping inspire this lightsaber. His lightsaber, Aurea, gave me a lot of pride in its simplicity. Our sabers have a lot of similarities, yet the looks are polar opposites (my white to his black, the opposing boxes, the yellow and blue/white, his high-end electronics vs. my low-end). So thanks for the inspiration, Machinimax.

SPECS
    Nano Biscotte V1.0 ("Vader OT" by Madcow)
    Tri-Rebel BBW ("Ice Blue" blade)
    3.7v 18650 3400mAh single-cell battery
    White-Ring Anti-Vandal Switch
    2.1mm recharge port with kill key
    Powder Coating ("Wet White", done by TCSS)

Thanks for watching/reading, everyone. I'm gonna try to be semi-active after I move but idk what will happen. All I know is that this is -absolute-ly the last lightsaber that I'll be making for a while (outside of stunts for friends and such).

Pity you don't have the "Elemental Ice" font. That probably would have fit this perfectly.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The what? You have my undivided attention.

The this.

Elemental Ice - Sound fonts by NOVASTAR (Saberfon…: http://youtu.be/T4THzj8Azsk

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    The what? You have my undivided attention.
    Waaayyyy back in the good old days, when Novastar first did his CDs of Fonts, there was a font called Elemental Ice. I know I put it on Illustrious, but I'm not sure if I demo'd it in the video. If not, there is Shadeslinger's demos on Fx-Sabers, you can check it out there, or search for it on Youtube.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I like it Yoshi - the white powder coat looks especially cool (uh...pun intended?)!
    It's too bad to hear you won't be building any more sabers for awhile though. Hope your time up North goes well.

No "Hoth" font, eh?
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    The this.

Elemental Ice - Sound fonts by NOVASTAR (Saberfon…: http://youtu.be/T4THzj8Azsk
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Waaayyyy back in the good old days, when Novastar first did his CDs of Fonts, there was a font called Elemental Ice. I know I put it on Illustrious, but I'm not sure if I demo'd it in the video. If not, there is Shadeslinger's demos on Fx-Sabers, you can check it out there, or search for it on Youtube.
    Oh my GOD I love it! It's so pretty! Too bad it's not on Saberfont anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    I like it Yoshi - the white powder coat looks especially cool (uh...pun intended?)!
    It's too bad to hear you won't be building any more sabers for awhile though. Hope your time up North goes well.

No "Hoth" font, eh?
    I debated using the "Hoth" font but I hate the hum on it. Not a big fan of the ambient wind sounds (same reason I don't like Novastar's rain fonts).
    Thank you for the well wishes. I hope my time goes well too. I'll be taking my soldering iron but other than that, I won't be able to do much. Not being able to drill my own holes sucks (I'm gonna miss my drill press).

Now I want some milk...
    With us, you are ruler of all the Sith, answerable only to the Emperor himself
    ―Darth Marr to Darth Nox

Blah blah blah, everything I've said before. Your sabers are awesome. I love your simplicity. Hopefully this move north won't limit your time here, because we will miss you. Hell, I miss you between builds. Excellent work, Ponyboy. You're still gold.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

I love the color of the blade, it's very "nordish" and the icicle like protrusions of the blade holder go very well with that color!!! Do you use all the 3 dice of the BBW? Did you order it as a custom die mix?