Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sith Sorcerer (first saber)

Default Sith Sorcerer (first saber)

Just finished my first custom lightsaber. This is my concept of the kind of saber a Sith Sorcerer might have wielded. I went with the idea that ancient Sith alchemy would have been powerful, and capable of really bending materials to the sorcerer's will, so I tried to made the organic and inorganic elements flow together.

I started with a piece of gemsbok horn for the handle, and modified some couplings from Shop here. The ports near the shroud are purple gemstones, and the engraved writing is in the Sith language. I have a character background for who carries this, but that is probably more appropriate for the costuming section.

This saber uses one rebel star LED and a Li-Ion battery, light-up momentary switch, and a recharge port. The sound card was salvaged from an old Hasbro Ultimate FX saber. The blade 33" long, made of thick walled polyC suitable for sparring. The hilt measures about 13".

Parts list:
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 20 V2
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 26
    Luxeon Rebel Star
    12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Purple Ring
    4v Li-Ion Battery
    Ultimate FX soundboard (salvaged from an Anakin)
    Gemsbok horn
    Resistors, wire, glass gems, scrap aluminum, etc.
    Last edited by Hellgeist; 11-07-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Updated pics, and version 2 coming up soon

Nice work.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Looks really good. Did you use a white LED? The blade looks kind of purple in the picture, but it may be an illusion because of the gem stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Nice work.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSoft View Post
    Looks really good. Did you use a white LED? The blade looks kind of purple in the picture, but it may be an illusion because of the gem stones.
    Thank you. I used a white Rebel Star, and added one light purple color disk. The color is easier to see on a non-black background, but some of it shows up in the glow. If that was a TriLED, i'd add another purple or a pink to that to make a more rich color.

This saber creeps me out, man.

That's a great organic-metal transition. Veins crawling towards the emitter and metal loops clawing back towards the pommel. The grip reminds me of Aliens. The purple eyes scattered all over its head are very creepy. Even the yellow part feels "wrong" in a good way.

Are those exposed threads at the transition? I've never seen that. It really makes sense here.
    Last edited by Askew Wai; 09-29-2014 at 07:53 PM.

awesomely done. Very organic and Sithy!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------