Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starwinder's "Deterrence" - NBv2.0 saber *Pic heavy*

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon4 View Post
    Beautiful saber, Love the leather wrap..and the whole story behind the theme of this saber. very well done.
    Thanks man! I always have a backstory to a saber i'm working on - helps me think about what a saber needs besides just what might look good aesthetically. The best part about the wrap is that it isn't real leather, just cheap tennis overgrip that looks and feels great IMO.

DarthMarr, see my post above but i'll PM you as well.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Really nice saber!

She is a beuuuut.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Dang man, I really love the blade plug, but the weathering is very well done. It is weathered enough for you to know that this thing gets worked, but its not so weathered it takes away from the elegance of the hilt, or overly done like some inexperienced people can do. I don't generally prefer "lightside" builds (not black I guess lol), but this one is super nice

Nice looking Saber.

It's funny, I had never heard of Darkside Engineering until I saw this thread. I made a blade plug and I wanted it to look something like the inside of the Vader MPP but I didn't have the parts to a MPP but I hada Reminton razor that wouldn't hold a charge. looked to be about the same size as the blade plug so... so I popped the head off, trimmed the edges and popped it in a blade plug from TCSS and there you go. So after googling him and finding his buy thread at imperial arms, the very firs thing he says is " ALL BLADE PLUG DESIGNS THAT USE A SHAVER HEAD WITH OR WITHOUT THE BLADE IN THEIR DESIGN IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF DARKSIDE ENGINEERING AND ARKM SABERS. LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IF THESE RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED!"

So, I guess he's going to sue me for $40 now.....
    A fool speaks of what he knows while a wise man listens for what he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Agelastus View Post
    Dang man, I really love the blade plug, but the weathering is very well done. It is weathered enough for you to know that this thing gets worked, but its not so weathered it takes away from the elegance of the hilt, or overly done like some inexperienced people can do. I don't generally prefer "lightside" builds (not black I guess lol), but this one is super nice
    Thanks man! This was my first attempt at weathering with aluminum black, so i appreciate the compliments! I'm happy with it although i didn't get the technique down perfectly, but that's what learning experiences are for

Quote Originally Posted by parsaver View Post
    Nice looking Saber.

It's funny, I had never heard of Darkside Engineering until I saw this thread. I made a blade plug and I wanted it to look something like the inside of the Vader MPP but I didn't have the parts to a MPP but I hada Reminton razor that wouldn't hold a charge. looked to be about the same size as the blade plug so... so I popped the head off, trimmed the edges and popped it in a blade plug from TCSS and there you go. So after googling him and finding his buy thread at imperial arms, the very firs thing he says is " ALL BLADE PLUG DESIGNS THAT USE A SHAVER HEAD WITH OR WITHOUT THE BLADE IN THEIR DESIGN IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF DARKSIDE ENGINEERING AND ARKM SABERS. LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IF THESE RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED!"

So, I guess he's going to sue me for $40 now.....
    Parsaver, i think the legal disclaimer applies to the selling of those plugs, especially under that name; you can make whatever you like for yourself And props to you for making it!
    By the way ARKM, the creator of these plugs, is on this forum.

That's not what the disclaimer said. Some of them are pretty neat and if you didn't want to and don't have a dremmel or the patience to grind away then they are pretty reasonably priced. That being said...."any design" is a pretty bold claim.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Moving on.

And the weathering on "Deterrence" gets better every time I load the page
    A fool speaks of what he knows while a wise man listens for what he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by parsaver View Post
    That's not what the disclaimer said. Some of them are pretty neat and if you didn't want to and don't have a dremmel or the patience to grind away then they are pretty reasonably priced. That being said...."any design" is a pretty bold claim.

OK, I will cover this once, and only once - because you guys are fairly new to the community.

Intellectual Property is a fairly big deal in this community. Without getting into ALL the specifics, because this would turn into a wall of text, many people have come into this hobby to have fun and make cool toys. Others have ventured further into making and designing various parts, designs etc. for sales to others. Few have come into this hobby thinking, "Oh, I can do this and make some extra money" - it rarely works out that way. It is generally frowned upon for people to "steal" others ideas and sell them for profit. That has happened, and a lot more than you all might think. And the elders of the community watch what goes on, and we all talk, and we tend to deal with situations as they crop up - one way or another.

The Bottom Line is: As long as you are making things for yourself, and NOT TO SELL TO OTHERS, you will be ok.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com