Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nervous noob--please quiet my fears.

LOL It's no better in Canada, one parts order actually reached my local post office only to suddenly be marked "Recipient no longer at this address, return to sender". After waiting the obligatory eleventy billion years it takes customs to clear my saber orders it was a little frustrating to see it supposedly being returned when it was less than a mile away! After some frantic calling things were sorted out but I think the baseball bat method would be more satisfying!

Great design though Ravenwood, I'm sure you'll love it and your blade will be fine with a retention screw in that location.

Thank you for the suggestion, Tim. I was merely sharing my sorrows with a sympathetic community. I called my local post office and found out what happened. The clerk thought I had a mail hold request that started yesterday. So my package was "delivered" to my accumulated mail pile. I am going to the post office this morning to pick it up.
    ~Ravenwood

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Good to hear!!
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Here she is! Thanks for all your help and input! (Blade, retention screw and electronics will be added in the coming years.)

lightsaber_side.JPG

lightsaber_top.JPG
    ~Ravenwood

So, this is basically a static hilt so far?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

This turned out to be a really nice hilt. Clean, practical and nicely ergonomic. Would definitely be great to see you add electronics to it and "bring it to life" (insert Gene Wilder "Give my creation life!" scream from "Young Frankenstein" here...). When you're ready, you can find an incredible amount of info here on how to do it and a lot of help as you go forward. Good luck and good job!

It looks really great, and the color scheme especially gives it a unique flair! I would definitely love to see this with sound and electronics installed!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Yes, this is a static hilt for the time being. I'm kind of hoping to get some more parts for Christmas. This is my full parts list:

Hilt
    Hilt style 3
    MHS choke style 3
    MPS pommel style 4
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 12
    MPS insert style 7
    MPS clip
    Activation box style 9
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary White Ring Switch
    2.1mm Power Jack
    Kill plug style 5 (color: none)
    4-40 Button Head
    Machined button for Covertec clip
    8-32 x 1/4" socket head
    Covertec clip
    8-32 x .3" anodized thumb screw

Services - Powder Coat
    Pommel powder coating (PM41) - Sun Gold
    Choke powder coating (CH31) - Sun Gold
    Blade Holder powder coating (B122) - Sun Gold
    Main body powder coating (SH33) - Warlock Gray

Services - Drilling
    Box 9,10, and 17 Mounting holes service
    Drill & Tap Hole - 8-32, covertec clip
    Drill & Tap Hole - 8-32, blade retention screw

Electronics
    Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module (White)
    BuckPuck 100mA 4-wire
    Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 (w/ SD card)
    Power Xtender? 2.0
    SMD 2512 resistor
    Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module
    Acrylic Chassis Disc for NB and 18500/18650 pack - S3
    Premium 28mm Speaker

Blade
    LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36", quad wrap, standard tip)
    12 Colored discs

Miscellaneous
    Super Lube Synthetic Grease
    wire
    heat shrink
    3.7V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
    ~Ravenwood

You won't need the buck puck for the NB soundboard, so you just saved yourself some money. Also, if you are not doing FoC (which you can't with the LED you listed) you won't need a power extender. I'm sure we'll be revisiting your wish list when you get closer to Christmas.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Huber View Post
    This turned out to be a really nice hilt. Clean, practical and nicely ergonomic. Would definitely be great to see you add electronics to it and "bring it to life" (insert Gene Wilder "Give my creation life!" scream from "Young Frankenstein" here...). When you're ready, you can find an incredible amount of info here on how to do it and a lot of help as you go forward. Good luck and good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    It looks really great, and the color scheme especially gives it a unique flair! I would definitely love to see this with sound and electronics installed!
    Thanks, guys! I wish I loved the yellow color more (I was hoping for more of a metallic gold), but that is my bad. Tim did a great job on it. I am absolutely in love with hilt style 3 with the gray stripes, activation box and anti vandal switch. It makes my little heart sing.
    ~Ravenwood