Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Using TCSS Parts for Unusual Lightsaber Project. Some Questions

Did you have DTR include the driver? Have you metered that bad boy yet?

Also, since you did adhesive, why adhesive instead of simply thermal compound with a set screw or something? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Dethlore View Post
    who spends a hundred on a lightsaber/laser? needless to say a grand!
    Most of my sabers, if I were to sell them would be well over $500. a piece and a couple would be close to $1000.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

RHD actually supplied me with a higher output driver than DTR is able to offer, and he actually just gave it to me which I was super grateful for. It will be running at 4.1A, which according to DTR's tests should be outputting somewhere close to 5.5W. I haven't metered it yet at all as I haven't wanted to touch it in fear of damaging the diode before getting the host.

Forgetful Jedi Knight: What is your most elegant lightsaber you have made? Do you have a thread with pictures? I would love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacT View Post
    RHD actually supplied me with a higher output driver than DTR is able to offer, and he actually just gave it to me which I was super grateful for. It will be running at 4.1A, which according to DTR's tests should be outputting somewhere close to 5.5W. I haven't metered it yet at all as I haven't wanted to touch it in fear of damaging the diode before getting the host.

Forgetful Jedi Knight: What is your most elegant lightsaber you have made? Do you have a thread with pictures? I would love to see it!
    Holy crap man... 5.5W! Can't beat a free driver! They can be pricey! I've always built my own linear driver... not ready for building boost circuits yet.. even though I have components for it. The main thing holding me back is PCB. I either need to make my own, or get pieces ordered... just haven't got there yet.

FJK, yeah, I'd love to see what a $1k saber looks like. Cause that's the closest I'll ever get to one.

I have one of GCS's Corran Horn sabers, plus you can look up Apex - which is a CFv5 build (well, all my builds have CF's in them). The other ones that would count are currently under construction, including a K3GR1 that I recently acquired.

Most any of the run sabers that have been done on FX by the major Sabersmiths are easily over $1,000.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Most any of the run sabers that have been done on FX by the major Sabersmiths are easily over $1,000.
    Yep, building and collecting sabers can be an expensive hobby... Also, you get what you pay for, and those $1,000+ sabers speak for themselves
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

So USPS has messed up. I paid 35 dollars to have my hilt overnighted and they have sent it to an IRS building for some goddamn reason I have no clue why. So it won't be delivered for another 2 days. Anybody else just want to kick some teeth in at their local Post Office?
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-24-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Language - FJK

IT IS FINISHED!!!! I'll make a review soon.

Triple posting is bad I know but this thread is over and my build thread with tons of pics and a video is up.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...625#post232625

well done mate! Looks awesome! What's the duty cycle?