MALIGNANT FURY

While looking around the forum recently, I noticed that I never posted this saber here. So here it is.... a blast from way back in the past - A SITH SABER. This is an "oldie" so I don't have too many pictures for this one.

This hilt dates back to 2007 right before my hiatus from this hobby. I had picked this saber up on eBay, for what I thought was a decent price at the time. This is a picture I took AFTER I took of the 30 - 40 orange o-rings that made up the grip.

At the time it had an economy board in there with 4AAA pack and a LUX 3 RED (I believe it was). Shortly after I acquired this saber, I had decided to walk away from this hobby for a while. I had the desire to get this saber upgraded last summer, and so ended my "hiatus" from this hobby.

Once I had decided to get back into the hobby, I had a Crystal Focus 2.1 laying around (that needed some repair), so Erv' was nice enough to do the repair work and upgrade to 4.31 for me on the two CF's I had. Once I had these back in my possession, I created "Malice". I had used a 5W "DEEP RED", which at the time was one of the very first sabers to use a Deep Red. As I recall, we were all experimenting between Deep Red, Far Red and "straight" Red at the time.

Over the holidays a few years ago, "Malice" had an accident and the threads got locked between the main body and the choke section (which was an original piece. Since I wasn't completely thrilled with the main body design that I had originally selected, I decided to go in a different direction this time around and had Tim make me a knurled main body section. I also found out along the way that "Malice" was the name of a run of sabers done by someone else, and I didn't want to be confused with that. Needless to say, Tim does fantastic work, and made the new main body section as well as pre-drilled the choke section for me. I also took this opportunity to redo the internals a little bit.

Thanks to Azmaria for the name suggestion, and to Fender, Allaerra, Tim, Erv' for their help along the way.

Specs:

MHS body pieces (slightly modded)
LedEngin 5W Deep Red
7.4V rechargeable battery pack
{Crystal Focus 2.1 upgraded to 4.3}
Now has a Crystal Focus 5.08

Novastar's EP 3- Obi - Ani
Novasatr's Mystery Font
Novastar's Blackstar
Novastar's Ep 3 - Sidious
Novastar's Rain Sizzle
Novastar's Phoenix Sword