Thread: New saber, Custos

Default New saber, Custos

So, I've been reading around on these forums for a while, and have built a few hardware sabers and a PvC saber, but I hadn't built a MHS hilt yet. So about 5 months ago I started it, and two days ago finished it. It's basically a remake of my very first hardware saber, but I wanted to do it right

The parts are:
    10" Double female threaded connector
    MPS Pommel style 10
    Screw on LED blade holder style 9
    MHS Sleeve material
    Premium Speaker
    MPS Insert style 7
    MPS Clip
    Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Blue)
    3.3ohm 5w resistor
    Star thermal tape pad
    Machined button for Covertec clip
    1" Hilt safety plug (Trans White)
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
    150ohm 1/4w resistor
    LED Trans White Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    A speaker mount that I had previously gotten
    A Econ hasbro sound card
    And a 4xAAA battery pack from radioshack

Some of the cuts aren't the best, I had never worked with aluminum before and hadn't anticipated how much more time it takes to cut through than sink tube. And I did mess the paint job up a bit, but I think it gives it character and makes it look a little worn.

And heres a shot of all my sabers (plus my sons on the right). I do have a MR vader saber thats not pictured.

Nice try. When working with Aluminum, a good set of hand files are very handy to clean up shroud cuts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I like it. Reminds me a bit of the Imperial Knight, with some Kyle Katarn thrown in.

Thanks. I know I need to get me some files, but unfourtantly for me the shroud on the main body isn't coming back off lol. I miscalculated after scoring the grips on the main part and painting it. The cut down the middle on the bottom part wasn't suppose to be there, but I couldn't get the shroud back off, so i cut it to get it on then it got stuck on the upper part. I would say that for a first time playing with MHS it didn't turn out terrible. I think I might one day get the shroud off and repaint it (right) and probably redo the shroud. But in the mean time it's good and it's fun to play with lol.

Awesome work.

Nice saber. Love the design. Kind of TOR era looking to me or maybe Clone Wars era. Also I approve of the blade color. Blue is my favorite color. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Nice! I'm a sucker for those Imperial Knight-esque designs.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thats funny cause I didn't use the imperial knight saber as a reference at all lol. But now that it's been said it does have a imperial knight look about it