Thread: Two finished builds

Default Two finished builds

Hello all,
    Here are some pictures of two projects I finally got to finish.

The first saber has the cut down switch box 6 mounted on a 3" extension that I showed off a while back. I was actually not happy with how close the 6-32 screw was to the MHS threads so I bought another 3" extension and started over. The screw is placed further "in" on the piece and is much more secure. I call this saber The Golden Warrior due to the amber blade.

The second saber I call The Crusader. I wanted it to have an Old Republic look, like something made by the hands of a saber artisan. I chose a cyan LED because I felt it added to the curves of the hilt by giving it a sort of organic glow, if that makes any sense. This was also the first hilt I have built with a light up switch.

Both are set up with Nano Biscotte V2 and Li-Ion batteries. I made cool blade plugs for them using the old electric shaver parts trick. All of the blackening is done with etching primer and enamel paint, no powder coating.

Enjoy

Nice job on both of them!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Looking good! the second one is especially nice. Interesting combination of parts to make something new and familiar at the same time.

Nice builds, I've got to say, loving the cyan blade with the second hilt!

close-ups on the plugs?
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Looks great! Nice and clean!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar-Gnar Gin View Post
    Nice builds, I've got to say, loving the cyan blade with the second hilt!

close-ups on the plugs?
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. As requested, here are a few closes ups of the blade plugs and how I made them.

They are both the same. The one with blade holder 15 is just a lot longer. They are made from an old battle blade. I opened up the space in the front with the cone shaped drill bit and did it by hand turning the bit.

Nice sabers. What would you say the cyan shade is in at the moment? I like the amber saber though for sure. Looks kinda long though.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice sabers. What would you say the cyan shade is in at the moment? I like the amber saber though for sure. Looks kinda long though.
    I assume you mean is the cyan leaning toward green or blue? Since I have a blue switch, it sort leans towards green. However, I suspect that if I put in a green switch, it would look more blue. It really is right in the middle.

The amber saber is 12.5" long. Longer than some but not to the point of being clumsy. With it's 34" blade, it spins like a champ. Great balance.

Thanks for the kinds words.
    Last edited by chicago.jedi; 04-14-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Both very nice sabers
    I think my fav is the first one ^^

And great job on the plugs!
    (gotta buy that countersink drill bit)
    Clicky Sig =>