Thread: Checking Modular Wiring Diagram for PC v3

Default Checking Modular Wiring Diagram for PC v3

Hey guys, would you be able to check if that wiring diagram is correct please? I'm trying to use as many jst connectors as i can. Any tips to make it more optimised (if I have it right, which I probably won't)?

wiring diagram mark 1.jpg

Or, try it here.

Thank you!

Well, first off, the idea isn't to have JST connectors on everything, they tend to take up room and can make things a bit harder to install.

The only glaring thing I see are the ground on the RICE port should go back to the battery ground on the recharge port, not the main board. Also, if you want the LED on the AV switch to be on all the time when the kill key is pulled, it should be connected to the the 3.3V pad on the board. Connecting it the way you have drawn it will work, you will just have to program the LED to work the way you want it to. And you will also have to bridge those two small square pads next to that accent LED pad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    And you will also have to bridge those two small square pads next to that accent LED pad.
    On the PCv2 the accent pads were already bridged, has that changed with the PCv3?

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    On the PCv2 the accent pads were already bridged, has that changed with the PCv3?
    I believe that was something Tim did for customers on request (and maybe an extra fee?). It's not standard for them to come pre-bridged. I know that on CF's they aren't, because you never know what resistors you would need to use for the accents.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I don't believe that my PC2.0 had pre-bridged accent pads; i didn't put in a request for it.

Anyway ... i agree with FJK that you should avoid using JST connectors on everything. It doesn't seem like they would, but they actually take up a lot of space inside the hilt, making a challenging cram-fu job even more difficult.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Huh... I went back and checked the manual for the PCv2, it said that the pads were pre-bridged and the three I got from Tim were sent that way... However, the PCv3 manual doesn't say that. Anyways, just curious. The time I had to bridge 7 accent pads on my first CF, I was very thankful I didn't have to do that on my first PC!

And to add to the actual conversation at hand, I third the opinion on the JSTs. Great pieces for things like a quick-swap LED, battery, or even speaker, but not so great for a complex build... way too big.
    Last edited by TrypWyr; 04-28-2014 at 03:45 PM.