Thread: "Diplomat" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Diplomat" by Yoshi-Taka

Here we go again..!

I've made a lot of sabers in my time and only really one personal saber. Sold it not too long after. This, however, is what I consider my lightsaber. This is for my character, Yoshi-Taka Nabiad (yes, Yoshi-Taka is one name like Obi-Wan). Yoshi-Taka is a Jedi Diplomat and in terms of fighting style, he's not a fan of fighting. He prefers to work things out verbally and come to an understanding. As such, he is a Consular (specifically a Diplomat) and primarily fights with Soresu, to remain defensive and never striking except to disarm. Yoshi-Taka later leaves the Jedi Order after much confusion and disagreements, becoming a Gray Jedi and focusing on peace and the Force.

So what of the saber? It's the epitome of my philosophy in this hobby - serenity in simplicity. A lightsaber doesn't need to be extravagant or showy to be a great lightsaber. "Diplomat" uses the most basic of designs to create a lightsaber that is simple, sleek, fast, and comfortable to hold. Did I mention fast? Because it's extremely fast and loves to spin, which is perfect for Soresu and Makashi.

As it's a simple lightsaber, it uses simple electronics. It doesn't need much and cares more about run time than brightness (although it's still green so...). Fun note - this saber is also going to be the basis on my clan saber. Yes. I'm building a clan saber. I have a small clan and they are going to be using similar lightsabers to this. I'm extremely proud.
    I don't know what else to say about it. It's simply me: simple, curvy, and has a little flair to it. Onto the good stuff now.

SPECS
    -All MHS parts, body powder coated Black Matte Tuscan
    -Nano Biscotte v1.0 (Madcow's "Vader OT" font) [THIS SABER IS FOR ME. DON'T JUDGE ME i'm sorry)
    -18650 3.7v 3400mAh single-cell li-ion battery
    -Silver momentary AV switch
    -2.1mm recharge port + kill key
    -Luxeon Rebel Star (Green)
    -Premium speaker
    -8.32 set screw
    -Black covertec wheel

PICS

VIDEO

Oh and as I mentioned in the video, yes this can also be technically a Matrix crossover lightsaber, as I'm using it for a Neo cosplay this coming weekend.

Good work. A little understated, but nice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very nice! I do like the "curviness" of the choke matched with that blade holder you don't see too often.
    Also, Madcow's "Vader OT" is an AWESOME font! Use it often, use it proud.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I love the elegance and simplicity of it. Very nice. And that font is just awesome! I keep thinking that will be the one I use from mine when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Good work. A little understated, but nice.
    Understated? How do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Very nice! I do like the "curviness" of the choke matched with that blade holder you don't see too often.
    Also, Madcow's "Vader OT" is an AWESOME font! Use it often, use it proud.
    OCD forced the blade holder choice, lol.
    I've used Vader OT more than any other font. It's by far my absolute most favourite font. My only wish is that it has only the Jedi and Sith ignitions. I would really love to have the third one in there.

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    I love the elegance and simplicity of it. Very nice. And that font is just awesome! I keep thinking that will be the one I use from mine when the time comes.
    Thank you very much! I'm glad to know that I may have curbed your enthusiasm for the font.

I like your philosophy, Yoshi. It suits you.

Simple is beautiful.

Thank you. That means a lot to me. I'm extremely proud to look back and not only see how far I've come in three years, but to know that the philosophy I've held since then is still strong and my sabers are still awesome as a result. Past-me would be proud.