Thread: Xene's Pariah by LDM/GG

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Xene's Pariah by LDM/GG

Xene's Pariah

So a few months ago...like 6 to be exact, lol...Xene' contacts me and says he has an Igniter R4 and asks if I will install it in "something". The guidelines were simple: It can go into anything as long as it is not pink and had to be named Pariah. During the time that we were talking, he also asked me if I would beta test his printed crystal chamber for MHS. As I thought about accepting this project, which is obviously out of my comfort zone, a plan manifested itself. I had an Igniter R2 that had not been installed in anything so I decided to accept this commision with a few stipulations. First, Xene' had to sell his Igniter so we could use mine and second...it couldn't be pink. So I sent my R3 (which had already been upgraded from R2) to Naigon. He graciously asked me if I would prefer an Igniter Mini instead. I thought that was very nice of him so I accepted and Xene' was happy. Little did Xene' know that my plan also included beta testing his dual crystal chamber in HIS project and within his budget. The rest of my plan was to produce a unique hilt that was me, but not me since that seems to embody the Chi of this project. The chamber he sent me had two quite yukky green LEDs, which I quickly dropped into the circular file and replaced with 3mm HO LEDs (1 green and one blue) that I felt fit with my overall design. The hilt itself is all customized MHS purpose built for this project. I wanted to try an idea that I have had for some time of incorporating the switches into the choke so I machined some brass buttons and a Delrin switch mount that fit perfectly inside the choke and went to work. I used a new-to-me Powder on this as well because I am still on my elegant simplicity/Devil in the details kick. It is Bronze Metallic and it is subtlety gorgeous. I also wanted to try some ideas on more durable mounting of inlaid grips. I like it, but am not sure it is appreciably better (knurling under the wrap so that there is a textured surface to hold the adhesive). It is a design idea that is not seen, but has function. Ponder it's utility I shall. I also made a really cool custom pommel for this one with a recessed pommel insert and custom kill key. Overall, this turned out great and is the progenitor for some new techniques for me. Hope Xene' is happy with it.

Particulars:
    Pariah Hilt
    Igniter Mini R4 with TruColor (Stock Package)
    Custom machined Switch assembly
    CREE MC-E RGBW
    Bronze Metallic Powder coated finish
    3.7V (18650) 3000 mAh pack
    TCSS 28mm 1.5W HO speaker in Machined Choke Niche'
    Xene' Printed Dual Crystal Chamber for MHS
    Custom kill key
    Textured Leather-wrap and inlaid grip

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Great work, looks very nice.

Great work LDM! Funny you mention the Bronze Metallic, I have that (or a similar shade) lanned for a build coming up in the near future.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

"Different" is definitely the appropriate term. In a good way, of course. I like the switches and the way the blade colour shifts is really cool.

Cool job with this LDM - i definitely appreciate the "different-ness" of this saber!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Avarice View Post
    Great work, looks very nice.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Great work LDM! Funny you mention the Bronze Metallic, I have that (or a similar shade) lanned for a build coming up in the near future.
    It is a great color. Very subtle. You will like it FJK

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    "Different" is definitely the appropriate term. In a good way, of course. I like the switches and the way the blade colour shifts is really cool.
    Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Cool job with this LDM - i definitely appreciate the "different-ness" of this saber!
    Cool, mission accomplished
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Cool hilt. I like it. Blade color is nice too. Nice to see that blade holder on a saber finally.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks