Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st Complete Lightsaber "Serpent"

Default 1st Complete Lightsaber "Serpent"

Sooooooo after much reading and researching I have finally completed my first Lightsaber. When I started this project and ordered parts my imagination was pretty narrow.. I chose a basic Lightsaber hilt design. My favorite hilt style is Anakins/Lukes. Its based on that but I made some mistakes in ordering so I ended up just going with what I had instead of reordering trying to make a closer replica?

I'd like to thank all the "new" folks asking tons of questions and of course a huge THANK YOU to all the forum O.G.s for patiently answering all the questions with detail and encouragement.. I've named this saber The Serpent. Cause the Silver Serpent pretty much answered all my questions either directly in my thread or by answering someone else's questions.. My hat is off to you!

Pics below..

Hilt Style 5 (7" Fluted double female threaded connector)
    .75" Male / Female extension
    Screw on LED blade holder style 20
    MHS "new style" Heat Sink V2
    MPS Pommel style 2
    8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
    MPS Insert style 6
    Bunny Ears
    Luxeon Rebel Star Amber
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Yellow Ring Switch
    18650 Single Cell Holder
    3.7V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
    Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
    Stainless 4-40 all thread
    Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module
    MHS speaker mount V5
    8-32 x .3" black thumb screw
    12 of: Grip Style 2
    3/4" D-Ring
    Set of 4 Graflex electrical pins
    Corbin Battle Blade 1"
    2 Watt Bass Speaker
    Nano Biscotte Light Meat

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice work! It came out great.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very nicely done. The o-ring looks a little awkward to me but grips look good. How do they feel to hold?

Very Nicely done.

Silver Serpent has saved my butt a few times. You were very wise to follow his council.

Well done. Blows my first saber out of the water. Keep it up.

Very nice! I actually really like the idea (and your execution) of an all-black graflex-type saber. Congrats on finishing your first!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I think that's the first all-black graflex styled saber I've seen. It appears to have come out great. I'm curious, is that paint or did you have it powdercoated?

And I'm honored you named it after me.

Keep up the good work.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I love the black color with the gold lights.

the sound card has me concerned. It looks like only one end is tucked into a chassis disk. I can't tell how tight that fit is but if it falls out, might it bang around or even short on the inside of the saber?

So long as the wires on the harness are snug, they should prevent the board from slipping out of the chassis disc. It shouldn't be an issue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Very nicely done. The o-ring looks a little awkward to me but grips look good. How do they feel to hold?
    I can agree with the o-ring being a bit awkward as well. But when I looked at it I felt like it needed some sort of break in the flow. I doubt it will stay. I think when I get better with customizing I will change that out. I'm still thinking/planning on adding a functional activation box. By doing so I hoping it will give the break in the flow I'm looking for..

As far as the grips go They are comfortable to hold they are a perfect length which fits my hand width pretty spot on.. I'd like if these were maybe a bit thicker.. Not so much for comfort purposes but aesthetically.. This one one of the mistakes I made when ordering. I wanted the Graflex style grips but I ordered a fluted hilt.. I still may try them out at some point..