Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perseverance - Saber build #4

Default Perseverance - Saber build #4

Hi!

Just finished saber #4 so here it is. Learned a lot from this one: 1) Color coding wires does make things easier 2)Using a choke section and a "grenade" section means less internal room for all the electronics 3) when pre-tinning your tri-rebels, it's a lot easier if you've put them on a coffee mug heating plate for a little while first...
    The saber is running a white/white/royal blue Tri-rebel
    with a nano-biscotti board running Madcow's "flourish" font
    with an 18650 Lith-ion for power. Stand by Sanjuro and
    blade plug (totally blown out in the pictures...) by
    Darkside Engineering
    As Always, many thanks to all the people on the board sharing their knowledge, imagination and enthusiasm, it makes it a lot easier for beginners like me to join the fun
    Thanks for looking!

Sorry about the lens flares, I couldn't get the camera to take photos of the "on" mode from some angles without them...

Very nice looking specially the polish with the black

a really nice saber. I like how you used the choke in combination with the shroud

Beautiful design and well executed! Really love how the polished shroud work gives it such a unique look.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Nice shroud work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

That's wicked! What did you use for a chassis to hold everything?

Good work! I like the way it came out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Impressive. I like how complicated it looks. Is it just me or are the accent leds really hard to see?

Wow - Shiny! I really like the shroud work, and I shudder to think at the time spent radiusing those edges... but it's absolutely wonderful. Totally envious of the polishing skills you've got. I've tried, apparently not hard enough, so HOW?

This is an absolutely beautiful saber. So damn shiny. Amazing shroud work. That must have taken a really long time. Great job