Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

The phrase you're looking for is "Larson Scanner" and Google will help you find plans for one. It's named for Glen A. Larson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_A._Larson the guy responsible for such shows as BSG and Knight Rider.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

That's it! I knew it was an L... Was going through the alphabet, Larry, Leonard, Lebron, I don't think I would ever have reached Larson.

Oh, PARTS ORDERED! Can't stop grinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    The phrase you're looking for is "Larson Scanner" and Google will help you find plans for one. It's named for Glen A. Larson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_A._Larson the guy responsible for such shows as BSG and Knight Rider.

Well, the first piece of my project arrived while I was out of town, the Wooden MHS Sleeve. I couldn't wait to get home and see it... and my spouse and pets of course.... that goes w/o saying. But I have to say, the sleeve is gorgeous and I can't wait to pair it with my TCSS parts (arriving Tuesday!!). For now, for proof of concept and your viewing pleasure I coupled the sleeve with a lessor saber. It will have to do for now.

The sleeve is supposed to fit with MHS parts. Currently it does not fit my US saber, and I am just hoping the OD of US tubes is ever so slightly larger than that of TCSS parts. Otherwise, this piece will require some ID sanding. It has to be modded anyway to fit with the control box so, no biggie.

FYI, the length of the saber in the last shot, with the sleeve, is about a half inch longer than what the final TCSS saber will be, but it gives me a good idea of the scale - holding the saber in my hand revealed more than my Sketchup renders could tell. I knew it was going to be a beast. I will be holding the saber a bit lower on the emitter than I am in that last shot, so the hilt wont look quite as disproportionate as is shown here. And I am dreaming, hoping my tri-rebel GGW will be quite that bright... but a photo of mine never sees the web before Photoshop does, I cannot help myself. Sadly I could not edit the dust of my desk! [Sith] Lord....
    Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 09-28-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that US parts and MHS parts are the same.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That makes me feel so much better, lol. The website said it was made for MHS parts, not US parts, so I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Do not make the mistake of thinking that US parts and MHS parts are the same.

Force Relics does make stuff for MHS based parts. I know those guys, and I've used some of their stuff in the past.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Gotta agree with FJK - Force Relics is part of the saber-building community, and so they make some good stuff compatible with MHS parts (both internally and externally), but i wouldn't count on US parts having the same MHS specs all the time.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

A box came in the mail!

And it's full of good things. I ordered the wrong dang battery aparently. So bummed!

That is looking even better outside of a render.

For the battery, you could see if you could exchange it for the right one. Tim is a pretty reasonable guy.

Yup - already contacted Tim. We got it worked out. He's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    That is looking even better outside of a render.

For the battery, you could see if you could exchange it for the right one. Tim is a pretty reasonable guy.