Thread: Cane Saber V by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Cane Saber V by LDM

Cane Saber V

V is for Vader, of course. This is for Phil D. I carefully vetted him and he does indeed need it. His only direction was that he loves Darth Vader. I went with a Synthesis homage design (Anakin cues and Vader cues), but i think it is pretty obvious whose saber this one was modelled after. It is a soundless stunt. I just LOVE how it came out. Could there be a Vadecus in the future? Probably

The Particulars:
    Custom Machined and MHS L-shaped Saber cane 36" overall length (grip to tip)
    Blastech grips
    MPP shroud
    Powder coating (Textured flat black)
    4aaa battery pack
    700 mA Buckpuck
    Luxeon K2 Red (Perfectly driven and very bright)
    Thick walled/diffused TCSS blade with rubber boot

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Force Aware

I love the concept and that blade is gorgeous! With the little time I've spent on this forum, I can tell that you, sir, are one to watch for inspiration. This makes me wonder what other things one can make versus the average staff or single saber...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks man. I've made one or two sabers in my time My various cane sabers are purpose built for folks who will actually use them. I have one on youtube with ~20K views. Not a huge #, but large enough to draw folks who need them to me occasionally.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Awesome! I think this one's my favorite of your cane sabers LDM. It's definitely Vader through and through, and the PC'd tonfa handle fits the rest of the saber so perfectly. I'm sure the gentleman who will receive this is going to love it! Kudos!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Fantastic as always. I love a good saber cane.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thank you folks. It warms my heart to see such a great response from such a simple, yet meaningful project