Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: equinox13's second MHS build

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Default equinox13's second MHS build

yes it looks a bit like a luke build... that wasn't my intent though. i thought about naming it, but all i could think of was Bob... anyway, building this one i learned a fair bit more and i've already put together plans of rebuilding my first one as soon as i can get some alternate parts.

i used a grievous board with the LED outputs going to a pager motor. the pause on clash is kinda nice. ^_^ the speaker is from a laptop and sounds great with the entire pommel being used as a resonance chamber. i know i have a lot of spaghetti and there's a lot of wasted space from that, but i still found a lot of extra space. it uses a 2400mAh 18650 Li-Ion and a P4 White with a 1 Ohm resistor. other than that, it's loud, vibrates, is very bright, and feels good in hand. ^_^

the speaker fits perfectly right there almost as if it were made for it

the beautiful switch array - i couldn't bring myself to paint or weather it this time - the latching AV switch is main power and the mom is for the soundboard

all the external parts ready and waiting

wiring the soundboard, recharge port and switches in - i wrapped the soundboard in ESD shielding for safety's sake

all wired up and battery plugged in - i later moved the motor (the little gray thing) from there down towards the switch and near the base of the battery

foam rubber to take up some space and keep everything from moving - it was either this or canned peas

all together with some of the distressing showing from this side

and here it is with it on and with one of my safety plugs i made - i also put in a light blue colored disc for fun - i tried the yellow disc after this and i think i'll be leaving that disc in there for a good long while

a picture from the other side showing the distressing there

another shot of the saber on and on it's side

Picasa Album
    Last edited by equinox13; 12-22-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Blog Entries

looking sharp.

Nice. I like the black PC parts but I think some high grit sanding would look nice. Especially on the grip section. Very impressive to put so much into a 2nd saber even amongst all the wires. The recharge port can act as a killkey so I'm not sure why you have an on switch and activation. You could have used the switch box with the LED holder instead and made some bling sauce for your spaghetti. It might not seem like such a big deal if it works, but come time for repair it will not be fun. If you have less wires you'd be surprised at how well sound will travel through other holes in the hilt.

Still a nice build and quit an accomplishment.

I'm very glad to see you finish your second MHS saber! I really like how the middle black matte pieces offset the shiny chrome ends (even if it's not really chrome). It's very slick.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i wire the sound on a separate circuit. i abhor blink on clash... that way i can use it as just a silent stunt as well if need be. hence a need for 2 switches. while i build with the econo boards i will continue doing this.

as for the sanding, i did some sanding on the edges of the grip section with 150 grit. i do want to do some more distressing and weathering, but for now i'm going to go with natural wear and see where that takes me.

i was tempted to do the pommel as well, but the task of doing the pommel insert was looking grim at that point...

the paint job is actually all rattlecan spraypaint. ^_^ gray primer and ultra-flat military black chosen for it's inherent ability to chip no matter how well it's bonded to the metal.

EDIT::: oh and my third build will have enough bling sauce for all 3 of them. ^_^
    Last edited by equinox13; 11-10-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

It's good to have the switches there in case you happen to get a Cf and decide to use it in that saber. - Looking real good!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh now it all makes sense...

Looks good Equinox!
    How do you like the grip with that switch box?

Very nice! It is almost identical to my Elite Hero Personal Saber Sith Version (the sith will have black in place of te copper orange of the Jedi) . Compliments!
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]