Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan ANH BK4 w/CF REDONE

Default Obi-Wan ANH BK4 w/CF REDONE

I proudly present..

BK4 based Obi-Wan ANH

Ok some rambling before getting to the good stuff
    This saber took me forever, and I managed to wreck 'n ruin the CF twice. Thankfully, Erv' repaired quickly and professionally. First time I did this, I was planning on a crystal chamber, but during the install, I realized that the way I had things setup I wouldn't have room for it. I decided to let it out. Disassembled, planned some more, ordered some stuff, and here we are. I also removed the now-I-realized-it-sucked textured mylar tape from the clamp.

As you can see from the pics, it has the AFBB painting on the emitter and on the neck, but they're weathered. It also has the brass screw that the AFBB version has (Quite oversized though ) Gives it an unique look, I haven't seen anyone do that before.

This thing is incredibly loud, the speaker is located just before the crystal chamber on the booster part, facing towards emitter for some cool reverse sound. There are no visible soundholes due to the ninjagrooves on the booster, allowing sound escape under the graflex clamp as well as from the pommel.

This is by far my best saber to-date, and will probably always remain pretty high in my saber "hierarchy".

There is one final thing to do, get a recharge port sized drill-bit/tap and drill a hole for the power jack to the pommel. The correct bubblestrip has been ordered from Blast-Tech. ;D

Specs
    CFV5
    -Novastar
    -Korriban
    -Blackstar
    -EP IV
    -Training Remotes (Skottsaber)
    -Phoenix sword
    LEDengin 10 W (2/4 dies on, no CoF)
    2x LiMN 3.7v 600 mAh batteries (sucky capacity, the saber was originally meant to have CoF, that didn't happen but the 4 A draw capable batteries stayed.)
    Illuminated crystal chamber

The Crystal Chamber "coils" we're made out of tin and copper wire wrapped over a thin screwdriver.
    The Crystal Chamber is not designed for the clamp to slide off to reveal it, stucking the switch wires back in to the hilt is painful and the brass screw on the clamp prevents that anyway.
    I didn't put in the transistors because they got in the way when spinning, and the transistors that came with it were not very accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hC3nAylbQ
    I'm also looking for suggestions for soundfonts, so if you have some, please
    The blade plug is a piece of 3/4" thinwall tube, a graflex glass eye, and a ball of copper wire inside.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Rafalema; 04-07-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: This isn't the reason you're looking for.

wow...nice job.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Awesomesauce, Raf! Just don't touch it again, or it will break

Nice font you got there too, after EpIV

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Pretty cool saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Fantastic saber!
    For the fonts, I would put Hero and Vader in place of Novastar and Blackstar (without offense to Novastar, but I saw his fonts are present in a lot of CF, so you would make something different).
    What do you think about?
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

I'm thinking of..
    Resblade
    Sidious
    TFU Starkiller
    Korriban
    Training remotes
    Vader

Most are sith ones for some reason

I agree with you list
    The only thing I woul change is EP IV instead of Resblade: you have an Obi ANH, why not use its font ?
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

I agree with Picky

Put resblade on your "Other awesome fonts" SD that we talked about

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent