Thread: FOC reversed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    This would probably be the best way to go, though the flicker is different from FoC.
    Thanks FJK. But yeah, obviously the flicker is only able to dim or flash the LED Off during a clash, which is pretty much the opposite of FOC... which happens to be what he wants I guess, so it works out lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    Thanks FJK. But yeah, obviously the flicker is only able to dim or flash the LED Off during a clash, which is pretty much the opposite of FOC... which happens to be what he wants I guess, so it works out lol!
    You're thinking of the shimmer effect (which works on FoC). Flicker is for the regular blade effects.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You're thinking of the shimmer effect (which works on FoC). Flicker is for the regular blade effects.
    Yes, sorry, got my terms all mixed around:
    fdrive, flks, and flkd control the standard blade Flickering (whenever the blade is powered on).
    shmrd, shmrp, and shmrr control the blade Shimmer (whenever a clash is triggered).
    focd, focp, and focr control the FOC effect (if you have it wired up for FOC, and a clash is triggered).

So I guess what I meant to say then as far as the Shimmer went, is that in practice it is more or less the opposite of FOC:
    Shimmer dims the light and brightens the light back to normal levels in rapid succession, to create a clash effect.
    FOC brightens the light (via a separate LED wired for that) and then dims the light back to normal levels in rapid succession, to create a clash effect.