Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First-timer looking for info before ordering parts.

Instead of selecting a switch hole on the hilt page, leave it set at no switch hole. Look under services at the switch holes page, and you'll find the 12mm switch hole service.

There it is! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    There is a file size limit when attaching photos. It shrinks the picture until it's small enough to attach. If you want to get the full size version, you need to upload it to a photo hosting website and direct link it.
    What is the size limit?

Quote Originally Posted by lindastacy1 View Post
    What is the size limit?
    If you wish to post pictures, your best bet is to get a photobucket account and then just copy/paste the thumbnail image links that they generate for you into your posts. I left a brief tutorial around here somewhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

d) I am not familiar with the FX speaker diameter but I do use a Kanan Jarrus lightsaber speaker from the "newer" lightsaber toys and works just as good, but could be better using a TCSS speaker. The said speaker I have fits snug with speaker holder 5, to give you an idea how small these things are. Hope this helps!

Ok, parts have been ordered and shipped. The design has changed a bit (incl a 10" extension as a hilt), but it's mostly the same. I have my leather straps now made and dyed myself from a tan suede jacket I took apart. I'll have to wait until the parts arrive to test-fit, then burn the runes into it. I'm adding a couple shroud pieces to go over the ends of the leather wrap to finish the look and they'll have a celtic design on them. The bottom will just be a 1" ring, but I'm still trying to decide on a design and pattern for the top shroud piece. I'm trying to balance having that without covering too much of my leather wrap. At this point I think I'll have to wait and see how things all fit together and look when the parts get here. I'm planning on making a build diary to post on here when it's all done.

Thanks for all the help guys! The saber's been done for a few weeks now, and I'm finally getting around to posting pics. I posted my pics and summary of my build here.