Thread: Tri-rebel single color wiring

Default Tri-rebel single color wiring

I'm wiring up a NB 2.0 and a tri-rebel (Rblue/green/red) with the goal of getting a purple blade. Is it as simple as just soldering the wires to the red and blue pads like I would with a single LED? I feel like it should be harder than that... Thanks!

You would need to properly resistor the LED's while you are doing your wiring.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. I assume you'd need to do each LED with a separate resistor and then rejoin the wires afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyinbozo View Post
    Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. I assume you'd need to do each LED with a separate resistor and then rejoin the wires afterwards?
    Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Awesomesauce, many thanks.

I tried my hand at calculating resistances for the first time for the royal blue and red using a 3.7V 18650 battery. I'm glad of pulling this myself, as silly as it sounds.
    Final results are a .5 ohm .5 W for the blue and a 1.86 ohm .9 W for the red (would probably use like a .47 ohm/.5 watt and 2 ohm/1W resistor respectively)

Blue: R = (3.4V - 3.2 fV)/1 = .5 ohms
    P = .5*1^2 = .5 W

Red: R = (3.7V - 2.4 fV)/.7 = 1.86 ohms
    P = 1.86*.7^2 = .91 W