Thread: Placing switch over threads?

Default Placing switch over threads?

Is placing a switch over an area of a saber that has threads physically impossible to achieve? I mean, I`m assuming it is but I`d like to be sure. If so, I`ll relocate it.
    Also, is placing a Covertec Knob over an area of a saber that has threads physically impossible to achieve as well?

Yellow = AV Switch
    Red = Covertec Knob
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's not generally recommended, especially for beginner builders. You could easily damage one (or more) parts. Also IF you do decide to try this route, be prepared to not be able to have those parts come apart at those junctures - something to strongly consider if you ever have the need to repair your saber (which you will, at some point).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you I`ll relocate and re-design; nice sig links by the way

Its doable. I did just this very thing a couple of weeks ago with nothing other than a Dremel. You just have to cut slow and dress the threading nice and smooth before you try to screw anything together.

Couldn't you use an extention than tap it to lock with the part you want to have the switch? Use a trim ring to gap it a little?

Arkanjel
    - I could but I`d have to rent that equipment to get the threads clean and I don`t want to risk it, besides I`ve repositioned the knob and switch.

Symbiant
    - I could but I`m very particular about my current model and don`t want to change it a whole lot.