Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber Aesthetics

Default Saber Aesthetics

Browsing so many pages upon pages of custom builds i find sabers of the simplest design to some crafted beyond true duplication. Using leather wraps to rubber grips rustic values and clean room white glove tested aesthetics. my question is for all the experienced builders is where you get supplies such as leather wrapping. i notice some of it almost looks like hockey tape. the yoda saber has such a clean rubber on the bottom of the hilt. where do you find these types of supplies? Is there a supply online? I search eBay and find some things but most of the leather i find is way too thick and probably stiff.

I think Tandy Leather is a fairly commonly used leather supplier online. I'm sure there are others, but that's one I've heard mentioned a lot.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Most "add-on" items are stuff that people find (more like accidentally stumble across) during their travels and say "Hey! That would be cool to add to... "
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

thank you, i'll have to check out that leather site

HobbyLobby is a huge craft type store with tons of stuff that could be used in building or detailing a saber. They sell a lot of different types of leather strips as well.

I go to the flea market and always bring a pair of calipers.
    D

Has anyone used bicycle handle bar wrap before?

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiant View Post
    Has anyone used bicycle handle bar wrap before?
    I believe something like that has been used before.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I believe something like that has been used before.
    yeah i'm looking at it. looks perfect. saw a decent tutorial as well on youtube for wrapping leather. looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I53JFcpEq4