Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Rice Port Uplink on Mac problems

So I definitely have a momentary switch. The main LED only comes on when I hold the button in. This, however, has not changed the fact that the FOC die comes on as soon as the kill key is pulled. Getting ready to give up on FOC.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    So I definitely have a momentary switch. The main LED only comes on when I hold the button in. This, however, has not changed the fact that the FOC die comes on as soon as the kill key is pulled. Getting ready to give up on FOC.
    First, you have to get the switch bit sorted out, then we can work on FoC. Did you change the switch setting, and the wire?

Also, a pic of the PEx and where it's wires go to on the board will be helpful.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-28-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I did, and it didn't work. It works now, set as a momentary, running from the NO1 terminal. I think there was a short somewhere in the FOC lead, as when I removed the negative from the board it still lit up. I don't know where it was shorting from though. Not going to worry about it for now. Spent too much time today beating my head on the wall. Maybe I'll do FOC on the next lightsaber...and get the RICE port to work on that one too. XD.

Thanks again for the help, though! If I ever dare attempting FOC, I'll make sure to let you know. For now, saber + sound is good.

If you have a short on your FoC, you may try taking a good long look at the LED itself. You might have accidentally bridged pads.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah. I'll sit on it for a while then see if I want to tackle it all over. Need to find a better cable management system, but for now I'm done.