Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Jedi Order Light-saber

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    What did you use for the decorative screws? I like. I like the whole thing really. I'm actually planning a similar build. Something that a fallower of Luke might build.
    The nobs on the side and the low profile activation box both came off of a broken antique camera. I wanted to use some found parts to get that original trilogy feel.

i like it......alot.....congrats
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Very nice personal touches. I think you hit the mark with your concept. Saber on dude!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    The nobs on the side and the low profile activation box both came off of a broken antique camera. I wanted to use some found parts to get that original trilogy feel.
    Nice work, excellent and very inspiring build! i am also working on something similar. My question if you could be so kind and answer is what type/name brand was the old camera you used for the low profile activation box? i have a vintage found part i want to use for the "card" and that metal piece you used looks just like what i could use. thanks for any input, and also thanks for sharing pics of your saber with us.
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Quote Originally Posted by theJUDGE View Post
    Nice work, excellent and very inspiring build! i am also working on something similar. My question if you could be so kind and answer is what type/name brand was the old camera you used for the low profile activation box? i have a vintage found part i want to use for the "card" and that metal piece you used looks just like what i could use. thanks for any input, and also thanks for sharing pics of your saber with us.
    Unfortunately I don't know exactly were any of the parts came from. I work in a second hand shop and some times we get things (like cameras) that are smashed beyond reconstruction. These parts came out of a shoe box marked "camera parts 1950's". The activation box is a flash connector.

I would suggest just going to an antique/second hand shop and looking at the cameras (ask if they have any broken ones, you can get some good deals and the owner can off load something no one else wants). Lots of the parts come in the same sizes across several brands.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, i have been keeping an eye out for different vintage parts including camera parts and collecting those that have that special appeal to me. That's part of the fun for me with saber building, hunting for parts (and seeing those that other people have found), and putting them to creative use. Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    So let it be written, So let it be done.