Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proto/Retro saber WIP

Sweet! I can't wait to see this in action. The lumiglass looks like pure awesomeness. I'm guessing it WOULD look killer on either end of a crystal chamber if possible.

A sincerely beautiful job so far. Surprised more of these types are not constructed. When you look at how Starkillers have taken off, and old republic models,all of the different varieties that are not from the movies, it just seems the logical choice, especially for those whose cram-fu is not strong (like me)or even just the battery options it would provide. Especially for those who tend to just display their sabers.
    Well, regardless of that, I am looking forward to more build logs and cant wait to see the finished saber.
    Kudos!

Funny you bring that picture up. It's also the "basis" for a saber I have been doing, though it won't be a protosaber. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Here is a couple of more progress shots, I decided on a production saber, that I'll heavily machine/modify to get the look I want. As mentioned on another thread I am using dean's micro plugs, and have quit using the standard quick disconnects due to superiority in design, ease of soldering and a very tight connection, if you'll notice in the pix a difference between the 25mm high bass speaker and a 40mm with the bass resonance tube behind them. The box is wired the same way I would an electrical panel for a home or a custom remote box, or under-dash harness wiring in a car. The whole thing ends up being totally modular, and the face plate can completely seperate from the unit if a different one is built, there is also lots of room on the power strips for any future additions. (the next one will be a bit "nicer") The last pic shows the drop holster and thigh straps that I made from 10 guage leather and a reclaimed belt.

Here is a test with a PC1.6 connected to the main power line, I ordered a saber from Saberforge (a Venom) that wont even look the same when I'm done (can you say "warranty void in under 5 minutes!!!) Hope you guys enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srl43Yxe974

dude that is crazy....way nice!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Ok folks here it is finally finished, and tested,Particulars: US Prophecy hilt heavily modded, custom 1/4" tall x 1/2" wide control box with 2 micro switches, custom polycarb inner rail with brass crystal base encasing a 3 watt red laser,aged brass parts for accent
    Igniter R3 with 8 fonts including Electrum and Links Zombies
    7.4V Li-ion w/Re-charge/kill in the Belt-pack section
    3W 40mm 8 Ohm full range bass speaker with bass tube and bafflespeaker
    Custom optics module with tri-rebel RRW
    Very bright red blade w/white FoC
    Aged and clear coated
    (yes it is very loud and bassy!

Wow. That is something else. I LOVE the electric faceplate. That looks like something taken right off the pages of tales of the Jedi. Job well done my friend. Any chance of a finished video?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Wow. That is something else. I LOVE the electric faceplate. That looks like something taken right off the pages of tales of the Jedi. Job well done my friend. Any chance of a finished video?
    Very soon, very soon!

Awesome! very very nice! Congratulations