Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boshwan527's Satele Shan Saber Build

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Excellent work, very nice.

We should meet someplace and get pics of the only two of these on the earth together

Great job!
    Actually i believe theirs 4 now. One being built, another nearly done.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Actually i believe theirs 4 now. One being built, another nearly done.
    I know about Rogues if that's one of them. Is there a build thread for the other? I'd love to see more of these things. Even so...being 1 of 4 is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by boshwan527 View Post
    I know about Rogues if that's one of them. Is there a build thread for the other? I'd love to see more of these things. Even so...being 1 of 4 is pretty cool
    Yupp Rogue's is the third, 4th was mention on RPF (or Facebook RPF). If i stumble on it i'll shoot you a PM. It was complete with pictures. Not as nice as your's or Sloth's.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

For better or worse, it looks like mine has taken a turn away from a pure Satele build. It was originally going to be a complete surprise for my wife, so I had total design control. When it was going to slip past her birthday, I shared the project and she wanted different fins. I still haven't come up with a fin design that we're both happy with and have spent most of my (limited) free time working on the custom electronics and test etches. Maybe I'll make another push for the Satele fins and see if I can persuade her. Either way I need to wrap it up since Celebration is quickly approaching and I still have my saber to build!

Edit: I'm back on track generally to the Satele design, though there will be a few bits of customization.
    Last edited by rogue9607; 04-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue9607 View Post

Edit: I'm back on track generally to the Satele design, though there will be a few bits of customization.
    what's weird is I saw your fins before I read this edit, and I didn't even process the change haha. good stuff

I basically finished my fin assemblies today. I'm thinking two more trips to the shop to finish the last switch holes and get everything tightened down

There's a little too much space behind the small fin for my liking (where it's supposed to meet the main hilt), but I don't think anyone else will notice or care, so I hope in time I'll get over it. I'm not exactly sure how it happened though. If I have the patience I might turn down the neck a little so it sits further in the hilt...that would fix it methinks

Looking good! Gives me hope that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. For the gap behind the fin, could you file away at the lip at the front edge of the small fin and let it slide back farther onto the hilt and leave a little more rod exposed?

will you by any chance offering kits for those little pieces . metal or resin?

unfortunately I don't think that will happen (at least any time soon) I'm having trouble just finding the time just to finish mine. I'll keep you posted if I do though

unfortunately I don't think that will happen (at least any time soon) I'm having trouble just finding the time just to finish mine. I'll keep you posted if I do though
    "Time to finish" is an elusive prey indeed. I speak from experience.

Anyway, your saber looks great. Very well done.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

i fully understand. i will hopefully wait . just throwing some ideas, even if u go "modular" i will still consider it