Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Custom Obi-wan Kenobi TPM EP01 Lightsaber by Master JEDI Roize

Default My Custom Obi-wan Kenobi TPM EP01 Lightsaber by Master JEDI Roize

STAR WARS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER Replica
    Episode 01 the Phantom Menace

Foreword:
    I am Master Jedi Roize from Taiwan, I have and always been a die hard fan of Star Wars since its first release waaay back in 1977 when I was just 8-9 years old. The very first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word Star Wars is the Lightsaber. Since then I look for things that looks like a lightsaber, and Yes, you’ve guessed it. A Flashlight. Yes, it has been my childhood dream to own and/or build a lightsaber.
    And Now for my latest, hardest ever Built Lightsaber. My take on Star War’s Obi-wan Kenobi EP1 TPM (The Phantom Menace) Lightsaber. Well, I have to say this is my most difficult and most costly lightsaber I have ever built. (At least cheap than buying it from e-bay) This Lightsaber has haunted me for almost 10 years now since Star Wars Episode 01 was released… I fell In Love with this Lightsaber especially with the pommel part. In this thread, I am showing all of you how it was built piece by piece. A total of eight ( separate pcs. Eight screws that put all of the parts together. I added a Genuine Purple Crystal on the Brass Screw Knob to add some “Elegant” accent to this elegantly designed Lightsaber. Saber Materials: Aluminum 7075. (One of the hardest Aluminum which is more durable and scratch resistant than the Aluminum 6061 T-6 especially after anodizing it. Because I am a type of person who does NOT only pursue beauty but also durability and especially quality because I constructed this Lightsaber “for keeps”.) And Of course the lights and sound of the blade will again installed by my friend Master Makoto. BTW, my special thanks to Master Makoto for providing “Vital” references for me to build this Lightsaber. This Lightsaber was based on a Larbel Obi-wan TPM Lightsaber. IMHO, this Lightsaber is one of the most especially and well designed Lightsaber in the SW movie. For those who wish to build your own Obi-wan TPM Lightsaber, I hope these pics and info would be helpful enough for you to fulfill your dreams. Enjoy and thank you for viewing.

Pictures HERE:

Aluminum and Stainless Steel Bars

Ennumerated Parts

Stainless Steel Version

Aluminum 7075 (Naval Grade Aluminum Version)

U-Tube Video HERE: All you need to know about Materials and Assembly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxsju1PNecc

Thanks for your time viewing!
    ~Master JEDI Roize
    and... May the Force be with You...

Sweet... you're clearly a skilled machinist. I find myself asking this a lot recently, but... these are "just" prop versions, with no room for electronics, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sweet... you're clearly a skilled machinist. I find myself asking this a lot recently, but... these are "just" prop versions, with no room for electronics, or...?
    It will have electronics, he says in his post that his friend Master Makoto will be installing the LED and soundboard for him.
    In his Youtube video he acutally inserts a LED blade (the electronics are still not in yet, he references that someone else is doing the electronics for him)
    Last edited by Zzan; 02-21-2012 at 09:45 AM.

YES! My take on this saber is "Conversion Ready"... I built this saber after discussing the space inside the saber with Master Makoto regarding that it can fit a 1/4 inch (in diameter) LED Blade, Sound board and the Lithium Battery and other electronics inside this hilt and speaker in the pommel. BTW, Thanks for viewing!

PS TY for the reply Zzan.
    Last edited by valroize1968; 02-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.

It is a beautiful saber! One question though, why use the screws in the hilt shroud instead of putting in bezels or shine-though holes?

Very nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Too COld!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzan View Post
    It will have electronics, he says in his post that his friend Master Makoto will be installing the LED and soundboard for him.
    Oh. I guess I got too eager to drool over the pics to read all the way through the description. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by valroize1968 View Post
    YES! My take on this saber is "Conversion Ready"... (...) it can fit a 1/4 inch (in diameter) LED Blade,
    1/4" blade? That seems very thin. That's... 6 or 7 millimeters. Is that right?

1/8 inch = 1.25cm = 12.5mm, meaning 1 inch devided by 8 parts.
    1/4 inch = 2.5cm = 25mm, meaning 1 inch devided by 4 parts.
    1/2 inch = 5cm = 50mm,
    1 inch = 10cm = 100mm.
    Last edited by valroize1968; 02-22-2012 at 06:55 AM.