Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Boshwan527's Starkiller TFU1 Build - First Saber

Small update for today:

I got the pommel done. It's a simple piece, but still took a fair bit of time. I'm still not too quick on a lathe.

All i can say after taking this project on is the Jedi temple must've had one heck of a machine shop

I did some crystal chamber design today...I think this is what I'm gonna go with. You'll see some obvious similarities to Sloth's work. I hope he takes it as a compliment

I wish we lived closer, we would have so much fun
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by boshwan527 View Post
    I did some crystal chamber design today...I think this is what I'm gonna go with. You'll see some obvious similarities to Sloth's work. I hope he takes it as a compliment
    I do! Nice work!

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Thanks Sloth! glad you like it

Small update:

I made all the little brass spacer and the crystal holder thingy:

i am defiantly liking the way this saber is turning out. i am glad you are starting to post stuff up again. i have been waiting to see this one finished.

all these sabers with the crystal chambers and cooling fins are very sweet looking. i think this trend (for lack of a better term) is going to be the tucked engine bays of the saber world.

Thanks! it's good to have some free time to get into the shop. I hope it lasts long enough for me to finish this semester because I graduate in may...then no machine shop
    I wanted to get in two more sabers too, but I don't think that's gonna happen unless they're way simpler...which isn't my style haha

Anyways, after machining the crystal holder, I don't like the bar down the center. After putting the crystal in I think I'm gonna spin it 180 degrees. It looks like the center ring is floating and I think it looks cooler:
    Last edited by boshwan527; 02-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Woohooooo this is the post I've been waiting for. I made a ton of progress on the crystal chamber

Cuttin me some disks on the lathe

All rigged up:

And building:

Now it BARELY doesn't fit in my hilt so I have to hit it with some sand paper tomorrow before I can get some pics of it all together. I also need to drill some holes for the end caps and do a little tapping here and there for set screw. Other than that I have an end in sight!

p.s. does anyone know of a good anodizer for saber parts?

very clean. i am glad you got to get this part all banged out. looking forward to seeing this in the saber. -Pat