Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First MHS Saber Complete!

Thumbs up First MHS Saber Complete!

Hey there,

I've been wanting to have my own custom saber for a long time, when I found the MHS I got super excited that I could design and solder my own way to lightsaber owner. While I like trawling the other sites that build for you, I've always been a hobbyist and the Custom Saber Shop just felt right. Much love!

I perused the forums, shop and MHS for a few months making a parts list and reading all the tips and tutorials to get an idea of what I could build, as well as what I wanted to build. A big thank you to everyone who's contributed, it was all good knowledge. I knew I eventually wanted a custom sheathed, sounded boarded, rechargeable (you get the picture) complex build, but as I hadn't picked up the soldering iron in a few years knew that might not be the best place to start. So I built this concept saber to make sure I was up to the challenge.

It's safe to say I'm now completely hooked. I already have a design going for my second build, I'll definitely be posting for feedback on the layout and circuit diagrams soon. First though, a few pictures of the build!

Thanks again for making this awesome hobby possible!

01-parts.jpg 03-itworks.jpg 04-fullsaber.jpg 05-bladecloseup.jpg 08-onshelf.jpg

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

beautiful! Tim's powdercoating is really nice, isn't it? did you get a blade for it yet? did you name it? ^_^

welcome to the hobby! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Nice design for your first saber. Is the blade holder powder coated in black chrome?

Way nice saber. What soundboard does this come with if you got one? Petit Crouton? Make a video if you can if thats the soundboard you got for your saber.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Way nice saber. What soundboard does this come with if you got one? Petit Crouton? Make a video if you can if thats the soundboard you got for your saber.
    judging by the lineup of all the parts in the first picture, and the lack of any sound hardware, i'm guessing there is no sound.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

very nicely done for your first MHS saber

Nice saber love the color of the emitter!
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks for all the comments!

I did get a blade for it (pics attached). Just a 30" show one though, I have something else in mind for my battle blade
    I haven't come up with a name for this one yet…

Tim's powder coating is indeed super awesome! The blade holder is Black Chrome, as are the insets on the bottom extender. The other two coated parts are Sun Gold.

No soundboard in this one, the second saber will have a Petit Crouton for sure.

My biggest learning experience from this build: while directly soldering everything together works fine, wire connectors are the way to go for the future.

06-nightblade.jpg 07-inrobe.jpg

Gosh that black chrome is gorgeous... You should go post a few pictures of that over in the Powder Coating forum so customers will know how it looks.