Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Valoury MHS/sinktube hybrid

+1 on the Cree XR-E suggestion.

I have found that for some applications the Cree XR-E out-performs the P4. For instance the Blue P4 gives out 38 lumens at 1A, the Cree XR-E gives out 30 at only 350ma with a max drive current at 1A.

Not quite 3x the lumens, but definitely brighter and more efficient at only .5 more for the vf.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

May I suggest the SSR90.

Blue is over 100lm at 1500ma. Your sabers deserve it.

Yes sunrider, but not everyone has access to the size of a saber that can run a FAN COOLED LED

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I'm actually really content with the blue P4. Inside in a fully lit room it still looks ok. Also I like the colour. If I was to change it I'd consider Cyan. I have 4 Lux3 cyan bin1s but I'm not about to change it until I test it. The Lux 3 cyans are surpisingly bright for Lux 3 but I doubt they're as bright as the p4. When it comes time to do a royal blue one then I might look into it further. Another thing regarding brightness is I want my Sith enemy to have a near equally bright blade which is not easy. I may have to find a brighter red that the US 2.5 can drive well.

Yes sunrider, but not everyone has access to the size of a saber that can run a FAN COOLED LED
    Who said it needed extra cooling at 1 or 2 amps?

Class.... PAY ATTENTION!

D'Oh, thats right...

*facepalm*

A lady who uses expert craftsmanship and has that eye for minor detail. We need more of those in the world.

Magnifico!

Unhappy

party foul
    My real and legal name is Rogue. Coincidence that i like starwars. Perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyRogue View Post
    party foul
    Hunh?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    (thanks for the tips LDM)
    You are welcome CC. I am quite proud of your progress and forsee a great future for you within our community. Well done.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!