Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Thumbs up Hello there

Just a little note to say hello. I am from the UK and sell Master Replicas lightsaber parts on ebay. Im contemplating on making a custom saber for myself and will need all the help i can get as i know next to nothing about electronics I should be ok with designing and making the hilt as i have an engineering, welding/fabrication background with a little artistic streak too, but the electronics is totally new to me.
    I have been looking on the site off and on for a while now and thought it was time to get in there, so hello again and i hope i can get my head around it all. Matt

Talking Welcome!

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Im sure you will enjoy your stay here.

Have you read this?

Or this?

On your first, saber, make sure to use lots of heatshrink, do lots of planning and desingning, ask that you have everything you need before ordering, and take load of good pictures, upload them to Photobucket or Imageshack or some else picture hosting site.

Will you have sound in your first one?

Again, welcome to the forums!

Red face Thanks for the welcome

Hello mate, yes i have had a little read and will plod through it all as i go. I plan to use a sound board from a Master Replicas lightsaber, but im not 100% on what way to go for the LED lighting. Like i say i have had a wee read and the MR sound board i plan on using is not listed. I have a Luke ESB sound board but need to check its working properly. Can anyone direct me on which are the battery wires on this board so i can connect them for testing purposses. There are five wires going to the power, Green (SP+ speaker i think), Brown (GND earth i think) Yellow (SP other speaker wire i reckon) Orange (VB no idea what this is) and Red (VA which is directly below the Orange). I have a feeling that the Red and Orange are to do with the power, but i need direction, i dont want to blow the board basically Dont tell me wrong place to start this Matt
    Last edited by Darth Dastardly; 07-03-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Well if I am correct all the MR boards are quite the same. So go over to the Cutaway views and wiring schematics section and I believe theres a thread there on all the MR boards wiring.

Good luck with your first saber

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Default Thaks

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Well if I am correct all the MR boards are quite the same. So go over to the Cutaway views and wiring schematics section and I believe theres a thread there on all the MR boards wiring.

Good luck with your first saber
    I have actually looked through all the wiring schematics and not found this board, i just need to know which wires are the positive and negative power wires. Looking at the diagrams they are mostly the same, but this board is different, maybe being one of the first boards they made? I found the dis-assembly of the hilt thread but not the wiring diagram
    Any help much appreciated

So you can't find it in This thread?

Most of the Jedi boards are exactly the same. If you can't find it, start a thread in that section and post a picture.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Talking Thanks

So you can't find it in This thread?

Most of the Jedi boards are exactly the same. If you can't find it, start a thread in that section and post a picture.
    Thanks mate, will take a photo and post in that section like you suggested.

Default Closed Thread

Actually, i just found out that the thread is closed. Basically there are five wires going to the power, Green (SP+ speaker i think), Brown (GND earth i think) Yellow (SP other speaker wire i reckon) Orange (VB no idea what this is) and Red (VA which is directly below the Orange). I thimk the Red and Orange and brown are positive, but i cant find the negative power wire?
    PHOTOS ATTACHED! (I Hope)
    Last edited by Darth Dastardly; 07-03-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Firstly, please don't double post. Use the edit button.

Secondly, I said you should post in that section, not that thread.

Firstly, please don't double post. Use the edit button.

Secondly, I said you should post in that section, not that thread.
    Deepest opologies for that, will look and try again