Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Galactic Sweatshop presents: Nyx

Default The Galactic Sweatshop presents: Nyx

Nyx was the primeval goddess of the night. Nyx was the daughter of Chaos and was the sister of Erebus. Nyx embodied the dark silence and had fifteen dark children, among them Hypnos (the sleep) and Thanatos (the death). She is depicted as riding in a chariot, trailing stars and bringing the night, and accompanied by Her sons Hypnos and Thanatos. She could be helpful or harmful to mankind, bringing either sleep or death.

Nyx is made entirely of MHS parts from The Custom Saber Shop and is powdercoated in Blue Explosion and Trans Gold, with a little bit of Black around the emitter. I wanted to give the emitter the illusion of a Carbon burn that would likely happen if the lightsaber was real. The shroud cut out was designed by my wife. It is a sink tube that has been sanded down to the brass and polished. I used a Rose Quartz in the crystal chamber illuminated by a Red 5mm led matched by a Red illuminated A/V switch. The main led is a P4 Red powered by a Master Replica Jedi soundcard and 4AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries with the charge port in the pommel.

Nyx also uses a "Death Blade". It is a Black polycarbonate tube lined with about 6 feet of polypropylene and a Bullet Tip. Seems to compliment the meaning behind the Goddess' name.

Clicky:

Video:
    [img width=300 height=245]http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/Ri-on/Nyx/th_Nyx.jpg[/img]

"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life"
    http://www.thegalacticsweatshop.com/

Thumbs up

dude that thing is SICK!!! I love the red LED with the black blade. Very well played sir!
    LOCKHEED

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

I am loving that saber, great great job, keep up the good work

great looking saber, im really digging the black blade!

Very nice! I like the color scheme. I'm also impressed that the LED shows so well through the black blade.

That overlay is.. beautiful...
    I love that black blade as well... Couldn't get one of those while they we're in stock..

That is a great saber

Banned Sith Lord

ri on... man. you have some mad skills. your dremul fu is one of unimaginable power and excelence. fantastic work man. i also love how you give meaning to the names.

Nice looking hilt. I like how the trans gold looks like anodized gold on non-polished aluminum (or at least aluminum that was not polished to a mirror shine).

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

That's one epic looking saber. Very cool !
    "A Jedi Master always said this to each of his students before their first lesson: Cross an unfamiliar river without first discerning its depths and shallows, and you will drown in its currents without reaching your goal. Being a Jedi is no different. Identify the pitfalls and learn the proper path, or you fail the Order and sacrifice yourself to no good purpose."

MAN! another sweet hilt. youve been a building fiend lately

how do you get those 2 tone nooks and crannies lookin so nice? (gear section)